UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

track days.....

Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track days.....

Hello Guys
Time has come for me to do a major modification to my car, give it a better driver!!!

well i am looking at doing a track day (or something where i can explore the limits of a car in a safe place.

i would rather not do it in my car thought which i fear may halt me in my search...

i dont want it to cost mega as it will probably be a birthday present to myself ...

so any advice??? i would like to pay <250 if possible so it is probably a huge push!

any comments welcome...h
Old 07-07-2005, 11:50 AM

I highly recomend you own car with 1stlotus or bedford driving days which are more than your budget.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:52 AM

i was thinking about a lotus day.... how much are they.

and i take it i need the s aswell.

may npot be such a problem taking that after all just take some spares with me
Old 07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Old 07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Try an Academy day with Motorsports Events:

http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk
Old 07-07-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although at the risk of sounding unpopular, a track day at Anglesea, it's one of the cheapest tracks, apparently lots of run off and unless you do a PJL and enter School at 100mph plus, lots of runoff areas.

BUt I am planning on doing a 1st Lotus day at some point when funds allow. Assuming my car makes it back from the 'ring in one piece.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

my first trackday was at donington on a very wet day. there was loads of run off, and instructors were available all day for 20 minute stints. you had the opportunity to go out yourself and find what you thought were your limits, get some instruction, go out and try what you'd learnt and then have more instruction if you felt it was appropriate.

there was loads of run off, it was great fun, i didn't spin but got the car very sideways on a number of occasions, and am completely hooked!

trackday cost
Old 07-08-2005, 12:35 AM

Go with a reputable operator (I would recommend Motorsport Events for airfield days and Bookatrack for track days) and get some instruction and you'll be fine.

Expect to be overtaken by all sorts and don't let your ego get the better of you, you will improve, but there will be someone in an absolute shed who will lap quicker than you. It doesn't matter.

Try to get your instruction at the start of the day and then you'll be able to put into practice what you're taught, a good operator will try and do this for you. Ask to have some mid-way through the day with the same instructor too, they can give you an appraisal and let you know how you're doing.

I think I'll be going to Hullavington on the 29th if I can get the time off, looks like there might be one or two of us going - I'd be happy to sit in with you and give you a few tips if you like.

Hullavington thread.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1st Lotus gets my vote (again!). Personally I would not recommend a track day (even Anglesey) until you've had some experience of reading the tyres etc, like you learn on the training days. There were some beginners at Anglesey last time I went and some of them crawled around all day, no doube phased by the speed at which other people were coming at them.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:53 AM

1st lotus day has gone up in price alot!
340 per person (for 2 people)

do you guys normally book up in 4's so it is cheaper as it is only 170 per person (4 people)

??

Quick Reply: track days.....