UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Track day at oulton

Old 02-25-2008, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonesy- you car sounded sweeeeet!

Made me miss mine a heck of a lot I must say (mine was red too!)

I was chatting to the guys in the pug and the crx- no shame in being done by 'em as there cars were spot on for track work!

Was a great day and generally some great driving too- like you i fitted some new pads the day before and although i bedded them in, they did fade quite a bit in the morn- strangely though they were much better in the pm, although my lines may have been better after my tuition so i may have been using them more appropriately!

looking forward to the next one- im addicted now!

Matt (red focus ST)
Old 02-25-2008, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by matt_ctr,Feb 25 2008, 09:01 AM
Jonesy- you car sounded sweeeeet!

Made me miss mine a heck of a lot I must say (mine was red too!)

I was chatting to the guys in the pug and the crx- no shame in being done by 'em as there cars were spot on for track work!

Was a great day and generally some great driving too- like you i fitted some new pads the day before and although i bedded them in, they did fade quite a bit in the morn- strangely though they were much better in the pm, although my lines may have been better after my tuition so i may have been using them more appropriately!

looking forward to the next one- im addicted now!

Matt (red focus ST)
Thanks

The pads did get better in the afternoon, but no where near enough brake feel to inspire confidence, at one point in the morning I had to come in after only 3 laps because they faded completely

Stupidly I only checked them on the Wednesday before, thinking I had enough on the old ones but they were completely knackered, so only got new ones fitted on the Thursday

Nice focus BTW.

The CRX and 106 were quick but were track prepared, the video was right at the end with only about 6 cars on track.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:54 AM
ge2

Looks like a great track, I need to give it a try this year as I had to cancel for some reason or other last year.

[QUOTE=Hypersonik,Feb 25 2008, 12:52 AM]I'm not trying to be patronising here, but don't feel like you have to use your heel for the blip.

A mate of mine was doing this because thats what he'd seen a diagram of and was finding it uncomfortble.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by ge2,Feb 25 2008, 09:54 AM
Looks like a great track, I need to give it a try this year as I had to cancel for some reason or other last year.

Easier said than done, the pedals are quite far apart in the S so you'd need to adjust them or get some clown's shoes to avoid having to twist your foot round.

Thats why I actually use my heel, in my brothers elise it's easier to roll your foot, I can't do that in the S2000, and I have tried.

Oulton is a good circuit but is quite daunting in places.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 AM

Oh boy. I would kill to get some track time like that. Nice video. I could see you were nursing the brakes.

I think I have to book a driving holiday somewhere soon - this "lack of" is driving me nuts.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I more meant the timing of the heel toe Jonesy - sounds like you are blipping then letting the clutch out a bit late (you can hear a double rev rise) rather than a seamless all in one effort.

I actually like the pedal positions - when I sat in the Exige I found I would have to shift my foot right up the throttle to get on the brake. The S I just find right for me.

Guess you just get used to what you drive!

Trinis - no tracks near you?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:47 AM

Is knowone going to mention the shine?!?

Man that clean must have taken half a second off the laptimes alone.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:49 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd frame that top pic, marvellous!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by DGBCDB,Feb 25 2008, 03:47 PM
Is knowone going to mention the shine?!?

Man that clean must have taken half a second off the laptimes alone.

I genuinely only washed it the day before with washing up liquid!

Mark, I have a framed one of the same spot from last time but this one is a much nicer pic!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:39 AM

OMG as the father of a Detailer I must protest the use of the words Washing Up Liquid on this forum!

Quick Reply: Track day at oulton