UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Track day at oulton

Old 02-24-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track day at oulton

I did try to post this on earlier but youtube seems to be taking a lifetime to upload at the moment.

My Brother and I went to Oulton yesterday and did a track day, it's the second one I have done at Oulton and it was absolutley fantastic.

I fitted some new brakes on Thursday and should probably have given them more time to bed in. I had really bad fade earlier on but they seemed to settle better later on, although they never performed very well throught the day.

The new 17" wheels were much better than the old 16's and S02's than the last time I was at Oulton, much more grip and inspired more confidence.

I took a video very late on (4.30ish), my brother is in the elise, and I was passed after a couple of laps of harrasement by a track prepared CRX and 106

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RoSg7OvLS2w

Old 02-24-2008, 01:41 PM

Nice vid, smooth driving all though you could have gone a lot faster, nice though
Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by RISLAR,Feb 24 2008, 10:41 PM
Nice vid, smooth driving all though you could have gone a lot faster, nice though
I was probably as quick as I could go on new brakes, last time I was much better under braking, this time I cornered harder.

There are areas for improvement but I was faster then I have ever been, have you driven Oulton recently RISALAR?

My car is no stripped out PJL racer
Old 02-24-2008, 01:53 PM

The carf looks fantastic in that photo, and as quick as you could go is quick enough, any quicker and one tends to have accidents. Nice post, nice vid.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=s2k_Nut,Feb 24 2008, 10:53 PM] The carf looks fantastic in that photo, and as quick as you could go is quick enough, any quicker and one tends to have accidents.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut,Feb 24 2008, 10:53 PM
The carf looks fantastic in that photo, and as quick as you could go is quick enough, any quicker and one tends to have accidents. Nice post, nice vid.
Thanks, it's a bit of a dilemma as to whether or not to actually post a video of your track exploits.

On the one hand you want to show that you are prepared to flog your S2000 round a track, on the other you feel the video will never give the sense of the occasion / speed.

I suppose "you had to be there!"

Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by jonsey77,Feb 24 2008, 10:51 PM
I was probably as quick as I could go on new brakes, last time I was much better under braking, this time I cornered harder.

There are areas for improvement but I was faster then I have ever been, have you driven Oulton recently RISALAR?

My car is no stripped out PJL racer
That wasn't criticism Fella!! i was just looking at your lines into the corners and your use of the road, there was a lot more to be had thats all!!! And yes i've driven on a few tracks (albeit not Outon)in formula cars. As i said i liked the vid.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by RISLAR,Feb 24 2008, 11:03 PM
That wasn't criticism Fella!! i was just looking at your lines into the corners and your use of the road, there was a lot more to be had thats all!!! And yes i've driven on a few tracks (albeit not Outon)in formula cars. As i said i liked the vid.
No probs, I didn't take it as a critisism.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

That's a great action pic

Get those heel toe's nailed too!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by MB,Feb 24 2008, 03:51 PM
That's a great action pic

Get those heel toe's nailed too!

I have taught a few people how to do it and found that the best way is for them to learn independant throttle matching on the down change.

Once you have that nailed, you can then combine it with the brake.

I'm not trying to be patronising here, but don't feel like you have to use your heel for the blip.

A mate of mine was doing this because thats what he'd seen a diagram of and was finding it uncomfortble.

Once he'd realised a different way of doing it, he was spot on

Good vid though and nice smooth style

Quick Reply: Track day at oulton