UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Track Day Insurance

Old 03-21-2014, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day Insurance

I'm doing a track day soon and would appreciate any recommendations for track day Insurance, any tips etc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always used to get it from Adrian Flux, about 90ish a go. Its a 1000 pound excess so really only good if you do serious damage.

I now have 5 trackdays included in my current insurance.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by WinFreak
I always used to get it from Adrian Flux, about 90ish a go. Its a 1000 pound excess so really only good if you do serious damage.

I now have 5 trackdays included in my current insurance.
Oh ok. I've looked at 'insuremytrackday' website and that's £85 with £550 which seems better due to the excess?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Save your money. In 8 years of track days I have never seen car on car contact in a track day, and going off the track is within your control (and rare!).

I would go as far to say that I have only ever seen a road car leave the track once on a track day, and that was at a Porsche Club GB day at Spa in 2008 where they were driving like twats and normal UK rules weren't applied.

Mind you I've seen plenty of competition cars leave the track during track days, but they're not motivated by the homeward journey!

Where's the track day you've booked and who with?
Old 03-22-2014, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen different, if you are doing a track day that is likely on a race calender (Brands, Snetterton etc) you will get people sneaking in test days and when they push the limits it can end badly for others. At brands a few weeks back a clio cup car took out one of the nicest Riveria blue Exiges Ive laid eyes on, painful to watch and listen to the crunching as they slid along the barrier. Then you have things like fluids that can be dropped, especially from some of the more ratty/budget cars that turn up so going off isnt always in your control.

If you can get it and youre car is worth a bit I'd say go for it. Bridle insurance can put you with Competition Car insurance and they give you five days a yr included if you are going to start to do a few.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tim S
Save your money. In 8 years of track days I have never seen car on car contact in a track day, and going off the track is within your control (and rare!).

I would go as far to say that I have only ever seen a road car leave the track once on a track day, and that was at a Porsche Club GB day at Spa in 2008 where they were driving like twats and normal UK rules weren't applied.

Mind you I've seen plenty of competition cars leave the track during track days, but they're not motivated by the homeward journey!

I'm going to Cadwell on the 29th of March and it's through Opentracks. I may be mistaken but I believe it's a compulsory stipulation in the paperwork which you must have in order to participate in the track day.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by WRCGooseS2K
Originally Posted by Tim S' timestamp='1395445610' post='23075047

I'm going to Cadwell on the 29th of March and it's through Opentracks. I may be mistaken but I believe it's a compulsory stipulation in the paperwork which you must have in order to participate in the track day.

I'm also the Cadwell on the 29th, I plan to use Morris for my track insurance but have also used REIS in the past
Old 03-22-2014, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by mike itr
Originally Posted by WRCGooseS2K' timestamp='1395494962' post='23075602
[quote name='Tim S' timestamp='1395445610' post='23075047']

I'm also the Cadwell on the 29th, I plan to use Morris for my track insurance but have also used REIS in the past
[/quote]

Oh cool, I'll be in my red S2000, feel free to come and say hi

I can also see how a car is supposed to look compared to mine haha
Old 03-22-2014, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by WRCGooseS2K
Originally Posted by mike itr' timestamp='1395497704' post='23075635
[quote name='WRCGooseS2K' timestamp='1395494962' post='23075602']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you driving up to Cadwell on the day?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by mike itr
Originally Posted by WRCGooseS2K' timestamp='1395498677' post='23075655
[quote name='mike itr' timestamp='1395497704' post='23075635']
[quote name='WRCGooseS2K' timestamp='1395494962' post='23075602']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you driving up to Cadwell on the day?
[/quote]

No, me and my mate are driving up day before and making a bit of a weekend of it as we are in Surrey. We are staying in Louth. I take it you are? Where you driving from?