UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Toulouse to Monaco

Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Santenay
There are so many things I could tell you to do, but trying to keep it manageable to 3 days I will limit to what I think are must do.
Visit Cassis and go and see Le Calanques, by boat if you have the time.
Drive through The Camargue having a meal at Le Cours in Saint-Gilles-Du-Gard. (Be sure you have a full tank as petrol stations are few and far between).
Drive on the inland side of Etang de Thau, having lunch of sea food at one of the fishing villages like Bouzigues. You can see the oyster beds and late August is the ideal time to see the flocks of pink flamingo's.
Visit Saint Guihem le Desert, touristy but one of the beautiful villages of France.
Drive around Le Circ de Navacelles, being sure to visit the viewing point overlooking it.
Drive along L'Herault Valley.
Have a meal at Oliver Bontemps in Magalas. Fantastic food but unusual as there is no menu, you tell him how many courses you want and what you don't like. He cooks you a meal of what he thinks is appropriate.
If you can spare the day have a trip on Le Petite Train Jaune. Takes you through the Pyrenees with stunning scenery.
Carcassonne is worth a visit although again touristy.
DON'T go over the Millau Bridge unless you want to tick a box, waste £8 and be bored, you can't see anything, far better driving down the twisty Route de Cavalerie into Millau eating lunch in a little restaurant in Nant. You get great views of the bridge and you can play on the twisty road.
Many will disagree but this is what I get pleasure from. Plenty more to tell you if you want more information.
Thanks! Will spend some time looking these places up today - much appreciated
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sbaylis
Originally Posted by Santenay' timestamp='1366225766' post='22480511
There are so many things I could tell you to do, but trying to keep it manageable to 3 days I will limit to what I think are must do.
Visit Cassis and go and see Le Calanques, by boat if you have the time.
Drive through The Camargue having a meal at Le Cours in Saint-Gilles-Du-Gard. (Be sure you have a full tank as petrol stations are few and far between).
Drive on the inland side of Etang de Thau, having lunch of sea food at one of the fishing villages like Bouzigues. You can see the oyster beds and late August is the ideal time to see the flocks of pink flamingo's.
Visit Saint Guihem le Desert, touristy but one of the beautiful villages of France.
Drive around Le Circ de Navacelles, being sure to visit the viewing point overlooking it.
Drive along L'Herault Valley.
Have a meal at Oliver Bontemps in Magalas. Fantastic food but unusual as there is no menu, you tell him how many courses you want and what you don't like. He cooks you a meal of what he thinks is appropriate.
If you can spare the day have a trip on Le Petite Train Jaune. Takes you through the Pyrenees with stunning scenery.
Carcassonne is worth a visit although again touristy.
DON'T go over the Millau Bridge unless you want to tick a box, waste £8 and be bored, you can't see anything, far better driving down the twisty Route de Cavalerie into Millau eating lunch in a little restaurant in Nant. You get great views of the bridge and you can play on the twisty road.
Many will disagree but this is what I get pleasure from. Plenty more to tell you if you want more information.
Thanks! Will spend some time looking these places up today - much appreciated
When in the Monaco area try and find time for a day driving around The Gorges Verdon, (Europe's Grand Canyon). Be sure to have a full tank before you set off.
Take Madam sbaylis to Grasse for some perfume.
I'll try and stop now so I don't bore you to much.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When in the Monaco area try and find time for a day driving around The Gorges Verdon, (Europe's Grand Canyon). Be sure to have a full tank before you set off.

I've been here too, its very nice and worth a day out