UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The torn roof club

Old 07-30-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BenHampton MY03 Dealers refusing to cover it under extended warranty
Paul (guest) MY03 Dealer replaced roof as OEM warranty ended 1 wk before
paullec25 my01 had to use bike puncture repair kit dealers says to old
PhenomS2k - MY01 - Roof torn to ****ary at the base behind each side window, replaced with a Carhood mohair and glass jobby.
grahamb MY03 Dealer replaced roof under OEM warranty.
Fieldl MY04 (2004) Dealer replaced under warranty
Fluffyninja - 2001 Yet to be replaced but car is outside of warranty - both shoulders and plastic screen
Ciderboy - small tear is the same place on drivers side. Recently got worse when tape inside came off with out me noticing. Have bought a fix kit from Halfords and will see how that helps in a few weeks. Not been to dealers as it only developed once >3 years old.
Jaeger - Tears on both sides, at base where it meets the body. Haven't gone to dealers, I'm out of warranty now. MY2001
Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me also,my car is at Dealers Sheffield and hope they will sort it,a bit upset to think its only done 12000 miles and a 16 months old

PhenomS2k - MY01 - Roof torn to ****ary at the base behind each side window, replaced with a Carhood mohair and glass jobby.
Fluffyninja - 2001 Yet to be replaced but car is outside of warranty - both shoulders and plastic screen
Ciderboy - small tear is the same place on drivers side. Recently got worse when tape inside came off with out me noticing. Have bought a fix kit from Halfords and will see how that helps in a few weeks. Not been to dealers as it only developed once >3 years old.
Jaeger - Tears on both sides, at base where it meats the body. Haven't gone to dealers, I'm out of warranty now. MY2001
Burnie 2005 two very small tears both over right shoulder.Still in warranty Ill edit when or not fixed.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:49 PM

Jaeger - Tears on both sides, at base where it meats the body. Haven't gone to dealers, I'm out of warranty now. MY2001
Burnie 2005 two very small tears both over right shoulder.Still in warranty Ill edit when or not fixed
Bassoctopus MY00 - tears on both sides where roof meets body and shoulder on drivers side.

However, it doesn't leak and I don't often drive with the roof up so it doesn't bother me too much
Old 07-30-2006, 01:03 PM

Mine to MY02 same place as others.... haven't spoken to deals yet
Old 07-30-2006, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bassoctopus,Jul 30 2006, 09:49 PM
However, it doesn't leak and I don't often drive with the roof up so it doesn't bother me too much
Burnie 2005 two very small tears both over right shoulder.Still in warranty Ill edit when or not fixed
Bassoctopus MY00 - tears on both sides where roof meets body and shoulder on drivers side.
Dreamer MY05 (55) - rubbing on drivers side, car been with dealer for a week waiting to hear from HUK Warranty. Dealer has said that they saw another car like this too.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:55 PM

Personally I think this is shocking - consumible or not. A roof should last more than 5 yrs.

They have the same issue in the US apparently.

Apparently there is fixing/ repair kit available to honda owners in the US but I read a thread the other day from 2005 owner that went to Honda in the US and they said nope to a warranty claim. Said that they would apply the repair kit - I will try and get the part number (appreciate that it will/ probably is a different code in the UK)
Old 07-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Here is the thread where they are talking about a repair kit from Honda

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=408692
Old 07-31-2006, 04:28 AM

Dreamer MY05 (55) - rubbing on drivers side, car been with dealer for a week waiting to hear from HUK Warranty. Dealer has said that they saw another car like this too.
Neil (2003) - roof & frame replaced under warranty.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same problem as Dreamer - although spotted before any major damage to roof and soft pads put on offending elbow joint by me to minimise rubbing.

Dealer confirmed every new S2000 they have seen recently has the same rubbing from when the roof is folded.

Honda UK response (to Dealer) is yes they are aware and dont intend to do anything....
Old 07-31-2006, 06:58 AM

Had the same problem a couple of years back. Replaced under warranty from Stealer.

Quick Reply: The torn roof club