UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is this too much to pay for a 2004 model?

Old 06-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would happily pay £8500 but it needs to be in superb condition for that money.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Replied to your PM

I know you want really low mileage but how many miles would you consider as being acceptable?

There is this one (but its red unfortunately) with only 18k on the clock!

Red MY05 with 18k on Clock

There are also these two...which both look very clean at the top end of your budget.

The RNBP works out as an average of about 4,700 miles a year over its life and the BB is 6k miles a year over its life. Both very low mileage in my opinion and likely to be second/summer cars.

RNBP with just under 46k on the clock

BB with 48k on the clock

I also wouldn't worry about buying off Autotrader. Just because they're not a forum member doesn't mean it won't be cherished. Some people don't use the forum or know of S2KUK as an owners club but will still love the car like a lot of us do
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally think £8500 is too much for that. £7000 is more sensible.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 AM

Hi Floppy

Thanks for those links I can't bear the red colour plus it's a category D damqged/stolen car

The black one has been for sale for a few weeks I did speak to the guy it's his wife's car and all the wheels are kerbed and there is a hole in the hood, I don't want to buy one then have to take it for a new hood the navy blue was up for £9000 he has dropped it but it still seems a lot for an 04 plate.

I know what you mean about forum users and their cars I will take my time and keep looking, I was offered a moonrock 06 plate with 50k on it for £8400 the other day but the road tax is too much for a weekend car
Old 06-03-2013, 02:41 AM

When I was looking (jan 2012) a 04 GT with 80k was going for 6.5k and it was no minter. I'd say if it's in as good condition as you say it's probably worth the money, although I'd be wanting the HT in with that (even just to sell it).

Good choice with the 04/05 model, cheap tax and big gay suspension
Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by horace
When I was looking (jan 2012) a 04 GT with 80k was going for 6.5k and it was no minter. I'd say if it's in as good condition as you say it's probably worth the money, although I'd be wanting the HT in with that (even just to sell it).

Good choice with the 04/05 model, cheap tax and big gay suspension
Hi Horace I actually saw the car yesterday and it isn't as good as I thought it would be in fact it was disappointing
Old 06-03-2013, 03:00 AM

Sorry to hear that mate. What put you off it???

I'd say keep an open mind when it comes to the earlier models, I ended up buying a preface lift in LBB which was one of 2 colours I wasn't too keen on having, but when i saw it in the metal i loved it.
Your ideal car will come up for sure, just depends how long you're prepared to wait i suppose.

Best of luck
Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by horace
Sorry to hear that mate. What put you off it???

I'd say keep an open mind when it comes to the earlier models, I ended up buying a preface lift in LBB which was one of 2 colours I wasn't too keen on having, but when i saw it in the metal i loved it.
Your ideal car will come up for sure, just depends how long you're prepared to wait i suppose.

Best of luck
Horace it had a lot of paint bubbling on the boot lid also a lot of faded paint running the width of the car just behind where it meets the soft top also there were signs of bubbling on one of the front wings and the alloys had been refurbed but very badly I thought I think it was a case of the car not being cared for in it's early years, shame as it ran well, I am in no rush I am happy to wait as long as it takes but I do fancy an 04/05 facelift model.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:28 AM

You will find alot of them have paint issues, the one's I saw seemed to have very little paint applied especially to the bumpers. I had my seller have the rear bumper done before i picked it up

I was reading your other thread, don't worry about them seeming so fast, you soon get used to it and will be hankering for more power in no time.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah ok I didn't really read the info, was a quick search. Shame about the kerbed wheels and hole in the hood. You could try and hammer £1k off the price (£300 for the wheel refurb and then £600 for the roof plus travel costs) but go and get the roof sorted with Jack Smith for £250

Prices do seem really high at the moment though!

Quick Reply: Is this too much to pay for a 2004 model?