UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tonneau Cover

Old 05-28-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau Cover

Picked up the S yesterday and been ar$ing around my favourite country lanes in the dry today. Awesome!!

Got home this evening and had a quick look at the Tonneau cover which had been residing in the boot. Tried fixing it on and only took a few minutes, but seemed a lot of faffing around. Certainly looked good once it was on - but what a faff?!?!

Anybody actually use theirs? I reckon I'll probably use it when it's barmy hot and I know I'm either not going to stop anywhere, got a long journey, or if the car'll be in a pub car-park that I'm overlooking.

What do you guys do?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:08 AM

Mine only stays on on smooth roads, so dumped it pretty quick for use up here.

It softens with use I think though, and it will stop dust and muck getting into your hood mechanism.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I do.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:40 AM

I use mine if the weather is fine. Easy to fit and def. stops the inside of the hood getting dusty.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Balmy hot!

Or are you thinking of Noel Coward? Come to think of it, on a hot day most people behave quite barmily.

I have my car un-wired so that I may raise the roof whilst the car is in motion.

Using the tonneau rather confounds that.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Xd

Try travelling on the motorway for a while and you will notice how much of a draught you get on the back of the neck. Now stick on the cover and you will notice very little draught and a lot less noise. The cover benefits from looks, cuts down wind resistence and keeps the mechanism clean. Problem is its a pain to fit, you have to remove it to put the roof up (yes you do get caught out) and it uses up boot space.

Yup, use it when I can guarantee good weather.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by euan,May 28 2006, 10:08 AM
Mine only stays on on smooth roads, so dumped it pretty quick for use up here.

It softens with use I think though, and it will stop dust and muck getting into your hood mechanism.
Precisely.....

It does look way better but, most of all it keeps all the muck off the mechanism and roof linings.... well worth the faff!

Old 05-29-2006, 02:12 AM

CBA, myself
Old 05-29-2006, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tango Man,May 28 2006, 12:56 PM
Try travelling on the motorway for a while and you will notice how much of a draught you get on the back of the neck. Now stick on the cover and you will notice very little draught and a lot less noise. The cover benefits from looks, cuts down wind resistence and keeps the mechanism clean. Problem is its a pain to fit, you have to remove it to put the roof up (yes you do get caught out) and it uses up boot space.

Yup, use it when I can guarantee good weather.
You know the getting caught out bit... is that what those dangly straps are for??

Start putting the roof up with the tonneau on, you hear a twanging noise, one of them pops un-done and smack you in the back of the ear?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Podge,May 28 2006, 11:40 AM
I use mine if the weather is fine. Easy to fit and def. stops the inside of the hood getting dusty.

I takes some getting used to but now I install it is less than an minute
And indeed, it reduces noise and turbulence.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover