UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

TinTop's luck just ran out

Old 11-27-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just seen the pics. How did you manage to mount the kerb, was it a mistake? The reason I ask is because the road looks fairly dry. Also why did the ABS not kick in and stop the wheels from locking up? Just asking, not judging.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Xd

I think because of the low profile wheels it bounced off the kerb rather than mount, I am really not sure what speed I was doing. I will go back soon and review the scene but that corner was not sharp at all. Reckon a combination of things but in all crap driving and control from me.

The tyres were F1 eagles, on Blitz technospeed 18" alloys. I had a thread a few weeks ago about how the back seemed to slide out quickly, odds are on they needed aligning, which was the next thing on my list. rolleyes:

I will try and recover them hopefully they can be fixed.

Thanks for all your kind words guys, can't even get a shag off the missus to cheer me up :
Old 11-27-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

we're fallin like flies! I spun mine out october last year.. i think the key is the tyres not warming up but there's also a lack of good steering feel and the rock hard suspension making the S a snappy little bugger.

I felt the same as you mate, lucky to walk away but p1ssed off with the car but now i'm happy I kept it. I had no claims protection and my insurance didn't go up at all.

At least you're OK and noone else is seriously hurt, its just metal mate.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:00 AM

TinTop my commiserations to you on your loss, But i'm happy to hear that both you and the other driver are all OK.
Will admirel let you 'at' the car to remove your mugen bits and wheels? I thought that once they (insurance compaies) recovered a car it was locked up tight?
Funny (odd not haha) that i pm'ed you only a few days ago about your insurance with the mugen bits and now your going to have to use it

btw please give me a shout if you do get the bits back, i'm in the market.
(sorry if that last bit is a bit preemptive )
Old 11-27-2004, 10:05 AM

absolute nightmare mate - glad your ok.

even more of a nightmare because of the mugen kit!

integra type-r would be a good choice - insurance not as high plus still pretty exclusive - and handling that doesn't bite as much as the S.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by TinTop,Nov 27 2004, 06:26 PM
I will go back soon and review the scene but that corner was not sharp at all. Reckon a combination of things but in all crap driving and control from me.
Yeah I was wondering about that too. Looks like a nice long smooth bend you could take at probably 90 even without having to brake. There has to be something wrong here for you to have lost it. At least you are OK and that is the main thing here. You need a new car and it has got to be an S!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:19 AM

Not another one!! Sorry to hear this.

No roll involved this time so I am not inviting you to join the S2000 display team!

Good look with getting it sorted and glad you and everyone involved was ok.

Take it easy out there.

Edd
Old 11-27-2004, 10:21 AM

Glad everyone is OK.

The only thing I fear more than having an accident in my S....... is another car being involved.

Is it wise to talk about the accident on a public forum? Because another vehicle is involved, and the Police, you may want to be careful what you say.

If it was me, I wouldn't say anything about an incident like this until the legals were done and dusted.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Extremely sorry about the crash TT

What the hells going on this year? I'm starting to think that a beater might be a good idea for the winter.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:41 AM

Iain, you DO have a beater, what about that Volvo ?

Quick Reply: TinTop's luck just ran out