UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

TinTop's luck just ran out

Old 11-29-2004, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I passed this on Saturday myself and saw the aftermath - didn't look nice at all - glad you're all OK

You've probably heard this a million times, but its only a car and you can replace it if you wish, there are far more important things in life.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000 SM,Nov 29 2004, 09:07 AM
"Why isn't xxx posting anymore" (*shudder*)
Funny you should mention that, I was thinking exactly the same thing a couple of weeks back.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:26 AM

I've been offline over the weekend and have only just seen this, Lee. Really bad luck At least no-one was hurt. Best of luck getting the claim sorted quickly and smoothly.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Xd

Originally Posted by SilverShark,Nov 29 2004, 09:09 AM
I passed this on Saturday myself and saw the aftermath - didn't look nice at all - glad you're all OK
So YOU was the chap who Vtec'd past in the Silver S.

Taken the day off today, going to see my GP and poping up to Pennings to recover some of my valuebles.

Not sure how but I would like to recover my exhaust manifold and wheels if the car is written off.

Been thinking, not sure if I will be able to afford another S. The GAP will only cover any financial shortfall on the loan and the insurance renewal will be through the roof. Budget was pretty tight owning the car as it was and, well, after a brief taste of Mugen, not sure if i'd want a standard S anymore.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:51 AM

Sorry to hear about this TT. Like Mark T and the rest, I hope that you get it sorted painlessly and quickly. I know the mental replays of the one bad incident I've had (3L Capri) went on for months; I think you can't help yourself.

Tend to stay away from threads like this - but IMHO this contains a lot of good things - particularly the Nick G post on reading the surface.

It's odd but over the past couple of weeks I seem to have seen a lot of 'cooking' cars parked in hedges, etc.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:51 AM

Only just read the thread... what can I say that hasn't already been said, just be thankful you and the other person involved are still walking and talking, whatever the consequence.

Its carnage out there at the moment, by my reckoning there have been 5 off's in the last month!! I have been on the S2ki for about 20 months and this is the most I have ever seen. There are more S's on the road, but I think there are a lot of people not giving the car the respect it needs in the damp and cold conditions. I also think lots of us become quite complacent, and forget that the car can sting us.

What we need to remember is that the wet and damp can also be quite fun, controlled wheelspin in 1st and 2nd is a giggle and the car is a real challenge in the wet, but I feel its much harder to drive on the cold damp mornings rather in heavy rain. Maybe its because we know what standing water can do, but in the cold damp conditions its easier to think the road conditions are quite good, when actually with cold tyres its like ice.

Good luck with the insurance company, but have a good long think about replacing the car, it will be spring in 4-5 months and dry weather and fun will be back!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:00 AM

Absolutely gutted for you Lee

This stretch of road is just round the corner from me, and I know it very well. From the photo's it looks like a 'user friendly' road, but like Nick says it's got many an adverse camber and at this time of the year is covered in leaf mulch and muck. Many of us can admit to having a moment where we maybe braked too late or carried too much speed into a bend. Thankfully most of the time we get away with it. With the slightly unforgiving road, unfortunately this time you didn't.

Really sorry to see your car like this. I know its heartbreaking when it happens, but I can fully understand your sentiment about wanting nothing more to do with the car. Take your time deciding on a replacement, and follow your heart - not your head!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:33 AM

Sorry to hear and see this but the good news is your both safe and well, it could have been alot worse.
Its just a bit of metal that can be repaired or replaced, you cant.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon mate.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:36 AM

Janine and I send out commiserations and best wishes.

Graham
Old 12-02-2004, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by S2KPDQ,Nov 28 2004, 11:44 AM

I just wish the Police would recognise the dangers of spilt diesel and do something about it...
Actually the police do recognise the dangers... if you see split diesel, ypu should report it. the local services have to ensure its cleaned up prompto... likewise, reporting said lorry to the cops...

if you think its dangerous for a car, then consider the danger to a bike...

Quick Reply: TinTop's luck just ran out