UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

TinTop's luck just ran out

Old 11-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TinTop's luck just ran out

Took the car in to Crown Honda this morning and got it serviced including all the redline juice, even met Amuse Boy. Lovely guys there long chat with Gary and Jorge about the new Mugen kit and where to get the paint chip repaired.

Left at 11:00 after three hours with a fantastic car and crashed it driving home.

Usual came to a corner doing around 36 not a steep corner braked too late, hit the kerb and bounced across the road into an oncoming Corsa. Bounced off that, she went into the bushes so did I both cars back to back with 50m between them. After the air bags and smoke settled down I got out of the car and ran over to the other driver. helped her out the car, she seemed fine although in shock.

Both of us were walking, she seemed okay although she left in the ambulance with a grazed ankle. Police were involved as the ambulance where there, the PC in charge took a statement from me as to what happened I confessed it was my fault, I lost control when the rear went.

I'll be honest the conditions were not bad the wheels had 7mm of thread and the rears lost grip, my SO2 were better than that, I have seen some small deisel spillages aroung there though so...

I took some photo's on a disposable camera which I will post when I have processed the film. The mugen kit and wheels are not covered by my insurance so a pretty bad start to the weekend. Hopefully I can salvage some of it later.

Crown reckon it is a write off, I hope so. I don't want to see that car again it bit me hard.

CC Put me on your list, guys...... drive safe PLEASE.

Pictures;

Guys appreciate all the support and the fact you are all willing to help me recover some finances by offering to purchase memento's of the occasion from me but could we wait until the car has been confirmed as a write off. I will then put a FS thread in the forum depending on what I am allowed to salvage.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:16 AM

Shit......really bad luck Lee.
It is really concerning how many troops are going down.

Please drive carefully guys....and that means SLOW!
Old 11-27-2004, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least no one was hurt though, that's the main thing.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Look on the bright side ...... you can get an NSX now.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:28 AM

Lee wants to an Imohla Orange S2000.

Old 11-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Former Moderator

Glad to hear you and the other lady walked away.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

There was one for sale in MK a few months back ...... Slicks Again was selling his.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:36 AM

Bad luck Lee

I took mine to work this morning, as it hadn't be used for 10 days, and it felt really unstable on the mixture of mud and grease that are on our roads at the moment.

What tyres are you running now? Could it have anything to do with the 18s not being set up proplerly.

Glad you're ok anyway
Old 11-27-2004, 07:40 AM

Bloody hell Lee! I just got in and can't believe what has happened. You were pretty spot on about those tyres though. (Lee and I were talking about how his car seemed to snap a lot more with the new tyres and wheel combo).

Hope you are okay.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:41 AM

most important thing is you are ok...the worst could have happened.

Quick Reply: TinTop's luck just ran out