UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Thug dented my car today ****UPDATE on Page 2***

Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thug dented my car today ****UPDATE on Page 2***

Big bout of road rage today, with one of those blokes who just has to overtake you. So he did overtake me and very nearly killed me and my partner in doing so, we very nearly ended up down a verge. So he overtook on a blind brow and had to squeeze infront when he seen the oncoming car ( I basically had to stop to let him in) , it was the biggest butt clench of my life.

I beep the horn as you do and he stops in the middle of the road. He then runs to the car giving me massive abuse swinging his fists around, I had the roof down so felt very vulnerable. The thug (middle aged reasonably dressed chap driving an A4) obviously wanted a scrap and wanted me out of the car. He couldn't contain his anger as I wouldn't get out, he then took his rage out on my drivers door with his knees, leaving several dents.

He trapped me in my car and knee'd my door shut everytime i opened it. I then managed to push him away with my door and got out, He went for me like he was possessed by the devil. Im not a small chap and kept my nerve, I waited for my opportunity decked and restrained him till other chaps in cars behind came over to assist, we then got on the phone to the cops.

Have to go see the cops tomorrow for them to assess car etc. But to say im gutted is an understatement. My gleaming car now has a couple knee sized dents and my partner is a bit shook up.

Completely ruined my day and weekend. Can't believe the attitude of some drivers, he deserves to have his license taken away.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but you know what, you were a man about it.....didnt want a fight, were reasonable with avoiding the confrontation, but when push came to shove you took the prat down which must havwe made him feel very small and stupid.
Now lets just hope the police will do something about him sorting out the damage.
Atleast its just dents, they can usually be sorted easily and cheaply without any sign of damage afterwards.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM

Some people!

Glad your ok and he didn't land the hits on you it your partner. Your car can be fixed
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 AM

both impressed and proud of you. I do hope plod charge the twunt.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear that, but well done for defending yourself.

People like this are utter scum, and should be locked up. I've had similar before, and I do wonder what is going on in their small brains.

Hope you have good witnesses, but the fact he was being restrained speaks volumes alone.

Keep us posted, nothing would make me happier than to hear some justice.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Banned

sorry to hear that.

did you have any witness's other then your partner? if not it could end up your word against his if he denies it
Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Out of interest, what was the nutter saying while being held on the ground?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Well done for decking the c unt.

Unfortunately, there are many psychologically damaged people out there.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a f uckin cnut! Audi drivers eh tut tut
Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM

Thanks for the kind replies.

I agree with your comments, end of the day the last thing I wanted was a scrap. It was a beautiful day and me and the mrs were enjoying a top down drive to the beach after a traumatIc week. But he stepped the line, he threatened me and then started damaging the p&j. No words would have settled him, some people just obviously want to get physical, they must have a screw loose.

Whilst I'll had him pinned he was just telling me how he was going to kill me.

Quick Reply: Thug dented my car today ****UPDATE on Page 2***