UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

For those competing in hillclimbs/sprints

Old 08-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For those competing in hillclimbs/sprints

Looking for some advice regarding cages/regs

My car has ballade sports uniball/spherical bushes and solid top mounts on the coilovers which puts me into modified production class meaning I need a cage!

Is anyone out there running in this class, and if so what cage are you running? Can I use a rear cage as per the k1 drawing?

Any help/advice is appreciated

Cheers
Craig
Old 08-02-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

surely that class you will get your pants pulled down? Would it be worth resorting to normal suspension parts?
Old 08-03-2014, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig, register on flatchat Scottish sprint and hillclimb forum.

There are a few folk in the know on there (some know it all's to though). there is a technical section so hopefully get one of the scrutineers to answer your question if you pop it on there.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 08-03-2014, 01:35 AM

For the hills/sprints yes I will get my pants pulled down but the main reason is to enter super lap scotland. They use msa blue book regulations but the classes are run by power to weight so will have a fighting chance maybe

Cheers dave, will go have a look! Seem to remember registering on there when I had the Clio but never got round to entering anything!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said, not the best forum but might help.

Even in a7 at sprints and hills we will get our a$$ handed to us ad exige's etc in same class! There is a guy with a well prep'd yellow s2000 still in a7 so you never know, you might still be within the rules.

My westfield was fully rose jointed and still legal in road going and my understanding is that as long as suspension pick up points arent moved it is ok.

Rob Mckinna is the main scrutineer I think if you can get a hold of him.He helped my mate out with his westfield xtr2 when a few folk were crying because he was beating them and their records
Old 08-04-2014, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

According to the Blue Book you can use K1. I've got one with a diagonal and harness bar which I had made by X-Sport Racing in Basingstoke. You should be able to find a local company who can do the same for you. I showed them a photo of a Hard Dog roll bar and asked them to make me something similar.

You'll also need a four-point harness in modified production.

Sprint classes vary across the country. In the SE the Elises and Exiges are normally put in a different class by most clubs so I don't compete directly against them. The modified production classes aren't normally any faster than the fast people in the series production classes. Not that it matters if you're competing in a handicap championship anyway!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:48 AM

Yea got in touch with a local scrutineer who confirmed a rollcage to k1 or k2 spec is required.

Tim have you got any pictures handy? I think the best bet is too do as you have done and get a one off made up. I reckon £500 should see it done nicely!

The Elise/exige thing doesn't bother me, I will take it as a challenge! See if I can get close to any of them
Old 08-04-2014, 04:23 AM

[attachment=63973:IMG_0470.JPG]
[attachment=63974:IMG_0471.JPG]

It was £700 inc VAT fitted, although I removed all the trim first and refitted afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails For those competing in hillclimbs/sprints-img_0470.jpg   For those competing in hillclimbs/sprints-img_0471.jpg  
Old 08-04-2014, 05:55 AM

Just exactly what I'm after! Have you a harness bar in there as well?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:27 AM

Yes, the harness bar runs between the backstays. I've now got 4 point harnesses in and the inertia reels removed (haven't got any pics, sorry).

Quick Reply: For those competing in hillclimbs/sprints