UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The things you find...

Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The things you find...

I found a parking ticket from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, a dog groomers in Birmingham and someone's address and phone number in Newcastle. Also I found a tax disc that shows my car was W11ADD in 2009. Anyone recognise this reg?

Oh a left hand lady's woollen glove.

Anyone else found things under their seats?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:12 AM

After six months of ownership, I decided to spend an entire weekend cleaning it from top to bottom and found an unopened bottle of Lucozade Sport underneath the passenger seat. If only I could've found a bundle of fifties in the secret compartment...
Old 06-14-2013, 10:56 AM

Received 649 Likes on 565 Posts

A footballer once allegedly sold a Bentley for less than the hold all of cash in the boot.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

half a pack of cigars
Old 06-14-2013, 12:09 PM

A whole load of fag ash!!! And I still keep finding the fecking stuff!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM
MSC

Makes you wonder who owned them before and why they never cleaned up properly. I don't think I have ever sold/bought a car with anything under the seat, id check that before buying or selling as it tells you a lot about the owner. On the first S2 i viewed there was a cigarette butt in the roof folding mechanism as well as tat under the seat. Can a dealer not even manage to check small details that give a good impression? OCD should be the norm!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MSC
Makes you wonder who owned them before and why they never cleaned up properly. I don't think I have ever sold/bought a car with anything under the seat, id check that before buying or selling as it tells you a lot about the owner. On the first S2 i viewed there was a cigarette butt in the roof folding mechanism as well as tat under the seat. Can a dealer not even manage to check small details that give a good impression? OCD should be the norm!
Jon you'd have hated mine when I first saw it then. It was absolutely disgusting inside. Even the salesperson commented on how minging it was. Even after it had been 'valeted' it was still rotten.

Sometimes you just have to try and look past it.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 PM

...and you still bought it Andy? You're a brave man. Then again, will the next owner of it be aware of your encounter with a tree (yes, that)?!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A 1TB hard drive, plus a JL 700/5 amp that I didn't know was there. Seriously, who checks under the seat when buying a car?!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Montag
...and you still bought it Andy? You're a brave man. Then again, will the next owner of it be aware of your encounter with a tree (yes, that)?!
The car was mechanically in great shape. A dirty interior wasn't gonna stop me.

I imagine it's next owner will know about the tree, seeing as you lot bring it in to everything!!

Quick Reply: The things you find...