UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is there anyone on here who is not a total speed monster?

Old 05-28-2004, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read this post from start to finish and got in a bit late, but its been an interesting read. I am an honest person, and I'm happy to admit that I am a 'speed junky'. I enjoy driving the S quickly, if I didn't I would have bought a SLK200 .

The meets need to be orgainsed in a way that its clear how the drive will happen. The Blurter meet was an awesome meet, great people, great day and a nice drive. The drive was taken at a steady pace, not because that was the intention but due to the numbers. There was 22 cars, making it impossible to drive quickly. I and many others that where there thought the drive would have been better at a faster pace, but at the end of the day we all understood that due to numbers and other traffic it was sensible to go slow. Its all about time and place.

I think the ettiquete thing for driving at meets is excellent. At the end of the day we are representing the S2000 community when we are in attendance as a big group and need to be sensible.

I am not a big fan of going to meets with no drive (except things like JAE and Santa Pod). For me its all about a great drive on great roads. If a meet is to have a drive that is going to be a little spirited I think there has to be under 10 cars and different meet areas on the drive for people who wish to drive slower. It needs to be clear when the meet is organised that there will be a spirited driving element to the meet so people who are put off by the drive do not need to attend. We are all different and like different things.

As to the posts about duelling with other cars.. so what? You don't have to read them, and if they are being moved or censored I think its a disgrace. Not sure I understand why someone would want to bullshit about racing another car though, seems pointless to me, but after reading a few posts in the US Street Encounters you can understand why some need to be taken with a very large pinch of salt!

I will 'race' other cars, never tend to bother with young lads as they tend to get stupid with crazy overtakes etc but I like a good encounter with a Boxster or TT225 etc - but as long as its fairly sensible and the conditions are safe.

Jo... the Buxton meet did have a couple of idiots there who drove far too fast, but overall it was good fun but even I thought that the meet was a bit too crazy for speed and there is no way I would drive as fast with a group of cars in the S2000.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
Old 05-28-2004, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised nobody's going to it though.....
There loss im sure,but i do think summer is a prob as there is a lot to do,santa pod Jae ect!!

I enjoy driving the S quickly, if I didn't I would have bought a SLK200 .

Honda VTEC is for speed
Old 05-28-2004, 02:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
Old 05-28-2004, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who me young girls don't be daft!

You would not see me at a meet!

Blackpool what i only play snooker!

Old 05-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

My fault people

I moved the threads quickly after making a quick decision. In hindsight perhaps that quick decision wasnt agreeable to everyone.

My main concern about it was that these kind of subjects were putting people off from attending meets - which is one of the key reasons a UK community exists.

I think the volume of posts and threads we are now getting in the UK forum means we do need to create some sections. I've been measuring what topics etc make up the posts, and once thats done, me and the othe CO's will discuss if and how we split down - but i dont think there are enough street racing threads to warrant a separate section.

The issue was that a lot were posted in the matter of a few days.

Apologies for moving them quickly and making a rush decision - that i shouldnt have done
Old 05-29-2004, 02:33 AM

Award yourself another Gold star Feathers.
And enjoy SM5.
While you're away we'll fill the board with StreetRace meets!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:36 AM
MrV

On a plus side have you seen how harsh the Yanks are to us on the street encounters Forum
Old 05-29-2004, 02:36 AM

You s have got a free run this weekend and the start of next week! Ade and Ian are away on SM5 and I'm off for a long weekend in York.

Please don't let there be too much mayhem for me to have to clear up when I get home on Tuesday night!!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:38 AM
MrV

Should you be telling us that Mark

Quick Reply: Is there anyone on here who is not a total speed monster?