UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is there anyone on here who is not a total speed monster?

Old 05-27-2004, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car threads have been moved ?? :-o
Old 05-27-2004, 12:18 AM

Nick,

All I saw of the RX8 mini meet was San's rear end as everyone else went right and we went left

As San said, just join he and I at the rear, we've got SatNav and can always find a good pub to pull up in!

Del.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:25 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

That's the spirit!

Actually, I lead a group down one road, that was pronounced very enjoyable by several in the group. So we went round and did that bit again!

That's why we were so late back to the pub!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:43 AM
PJL

It was good to see Vixen's initial thread yesterday - based on the number of responces posted, there is an underlying need for S2 Owners to meet new & old friends, share experiences & share a 'Drive' etc.

To maintain this pleasure long term, everyone needs to feel Safe & Comfortable, and that any excessive behavour is reigned in. If not, members will vote with their feet, just as we are already seeing, and the Meets will reduce to the same people time & time again. Part of the fun of the Meets is meeting & making New Freinds - lets keep it that way !

Peter & Ren
Old 05-27-2004, 12:50 AM

Nick,

Think you mistook me. We drove out of the pub, down to the first roundabout and went the wrong way! Lost the rest of you guys and spent the next hour traversing the Hertfordshire countryside in an MCB tour of the wilds!

It was one of San's better days , think we managed to top out at a whole 35! Mind you any faster and the puddings we had at the pub would have made a guest appearance.

Del.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ade
The things I remember most from group drives though are not the speeds or the driving but positive reactions from bystanders.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:34 AM

Originally posted by Fletch
This is one of the biggest appeals of the meets for me. It's the reactions from the public.
One of the reason I like being near the back is because the look of awe gets bigger with the more S2000s that drive past. Funny as hell.
Thats your excuse slowpoke!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:48 AM

I can't believe the threads have been moved to the US arm. I'm never there and wouldn't think to go there either.

Can we perhaps have an "Encounters" area bit like Off Topic but with a BS warning? Come on, the fact this thread has been so well populated with positive comment is an indication that everyone has tolerance for all.

Had everyone who has replied to this thread taken the option the Mods have then this thread would be empty?
Old 05-27-2004, 04:02 AM

That was never my intention when starting this thread - I was interested in people's comments/opinions - which I've had
Old 05-27-2004, 04:10 AM

Agree - I don't look at the US parts of the forum so I'll miss all those threads

It's about balance isn't it? It's fun reading and contributing to the speed/race threads, whether we all agree with it or not. By moving them, we aren't changing anybodies behaviour or making it less threatening to come to a driving meet (we all know everyone will drive the same wherever the threads are)...

It's not down to S2Ki to mandate peoples driving behaviour (except on S2Ki organised driving meets which is a bit different)........

Maybe there should be clearer guidelines about what should and shouldn't be posted on the forums as I personally am a little unclear...

Quick Reply: Is there anyone on here who is not a total speed monster?