UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is there anyone on here who is not a total speed monster?

Old 05-26-2004, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I like to both drive and ride fast, but as for racing with someone on a public road, forget it. Had a Chav in a Corsa last week going into work - put his foot down as I came up behind along a dual carriageway and got up to a daft speed for that stretch of road- I let him go as it simply isn't worth it.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MarkB
I have been to less meets in the last year or so simply because I have seen some absolutely rotten driving and am worried that at some point (a la SM3) there will be an off, God forbid anyone gets injured.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:15 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cheshire_carper
As the car gets older, the ownership age changes and theres a bunch more testosterone flirting about and the drives.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ignoring the comments on driving for the moment I thought you loved all that testosterone around you Chesh?
Old 05-26-2004, 05:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Kelk
Ignoring the comments on driving for the moment I thought you loved all that testosterone around you Chesh?

I like it but not when I`m sat behind a lump of metal.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:29 AM

OK OK, having just posted some gobshite about a MR2 Turbo, I'll wade in. I only race (kinda drag-race from a rolling or standing start) on big straight-aheads and will back off typically at 3 figures. I certainly will not race along lanes and bendy roads where less alert motorists/farmers/animals may be lurking about to pull out etc. I've been driving for over 25 years and have NEVER had an accident or made a claim. And I used to be a REAL tear-arse when I was younger. Although I'm kinda becoming an old fart these days, I'm still up for a minor fracass if the opportunity presents itself in what I consider to be reasonably safe circumstances/conditions. But I am, after all, a bloke, and have accordingly not yet grown up properly! I may therefore occasionally post in something of a testosterone-fulled OTT manner! But I'm a pussycat really..............

LH
Old 05-26-2004, 05:30 AM

Originally posted by cheshire_carper
I`m with Mark here again. Twice in two days. Worrying.
fishy boy
Old 05-26-2004, 05:46 AM

Both my cars are 'toys' really and I can just about afford to keep them both on the road based on the fact that the insurance is reasonable.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vixen
Just thought I'd start this after reading Rahula's comments on another thread.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:07 AM
PJL

When potential members are being put off - it is time to take stock & listen to the alarm bells !

Ade's notes on Driving Etiquette should be taken on board more seriously by everyone (myself included). If not, it is only time before some one has an accident & it will spoil everything for a great number of people.

SM4 was our first Meet & I am glad to say that that overall, the standard of Driving has been getting better on the Meets we have been to since then. It needs to be monitored by everyone & policed by us all to ensure things do not get out of hand.

When I go to a Track day - If your standard of Driving is not up to standard / disrespectfull / dangerous etc - you would be told to leave. I can not see why this should not apply to Meets as well !

The Track is the only place to drive Fast in a crowd, it does get rid of a lost of energy & I do admit to driving relatively calmy for the next few days afterwards.

The S2 scene has introduced us all to new friends and adventures - lets not spoil it

Peter & Ren

Quick Reply: Is there anyone on here who is not a total speed monster?