UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Thanks for the card - whoever you are

Old 08-07-2005, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the card - whoever you are

Hi All,
I've just signed up to this Forum - I've been looking for an S2000 for about 4 months now.

Today, the wife & I were test driving a Dark Blue MY03 GT at Guildford Honda - someone in a Silverstone with Red Leather interior gave me a card with the site on it.

Whoever you were - THANK YOU!!! Much appreciated. I've been looking to see if there was a forum/owners club for these cars & not found anything (mainly google/ask searches).

In the end I didn't buy the car, I felt the dealer (stealer) was overpricing at
Old 08-07-2005, 10:49 AM

Welcome Chris

The current mixed red/black interior was introduced in the MY04.

Have a look on the UK For Sale & Wanted board - there are a number of member cars up for sale, and all will be better value than buying from a stealer, as well as having a much better chance of being properly looked after during its life.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:24 AM

Hello Chris - that was me and Jo (aka Dreamer) that bumped into you at Guildford Honda and gave you the card. I was going to write my name on it however I couldn't find a pen for love nor money in my car or in Jo's handbag.

I have to admit Jo and I looked over the MCB you were looking at and I was hopnig you actually weren't going to buy that model. We notiuced a distinct ripple in the driver side rear wing which was only noticeable from a certain angle in the light, however when you got the light right it was worrying. We did also notice that there were a lot of minor panel dings and dents too.

There are plenty of good ones out there and it can just be case of searching. In the meantime why not come along to the Surrey meet on Tuesday, click here for the details. Mainly a bit of food and a drink and lots of talking.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:40 AM

Hi Kelk,

Glad I didn't buy it then.... you must have better eyesight (or more experience...) than us. I didn't spot anything too bad - although it was pretty dusty all over lots of it....

I live in Fareham, so it was quite a trek to look at it - but other than cars at 21K +++ I haven't really seen anything at dealers for ages - almost given up in fact.

Thanks for the invite - I think I am free on Tuesday so I'll come along & meet up - as long as you don't mind me asking loads of daft questions.

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-07-2005, 11:46 AM

My 03 was 18.5 from a dealer, so it's certainly possible. Give Marshalls in Reading a ring and speak to Mark.

The GT is, in my opinion, a waste of time and money. I'm sure there are some that will disagree of course, it's a matter of opinion I had a hardtop for my MGF and it never ever went on and just took up space in the garage. The softtop on that and more so on my S are more than adequiate for any weather this country can chuck at us

And lol at Nuremberg
Old 08-07-2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by learningtofly,Aug 7 2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the invite - I think I am free on Tuesday so I'll come along & meet up - as long as you don't mind me asking loads of daft questions.
Cool, see you then and we all ask questions all the time so you'll fit right in
Old 08-07-2005, 12:09 PM

There is a barely driven Silverslow on the F&S forum that that sort of money would probably get you.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to the forums Chris

Google seems to work ok for me:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=UK+S2000+...:en-USfficial

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=S2000+own...:en-USfficial

Old 08-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Hi Eagle,

Yup, google seems to work...now. When I tried I limited to UK only - which still finds the site now, but further down the results. Its been a while since I tried - probably around May last time I looked.

Still, very glad I've found the site thanks to Kelk for that.

I was about to give up & save a bit longer for a Boxster...

Now all I need is to find the right car (and somewhere to hide the current company car when I meet some of you on Tuesday....)

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-07-2005, 12:51 PM

There were at least 2-3 little dings on each side, and a very disturbing ripple in the rear quarter panel by the door - it looked like it had been crumpled

btw - I was with Kelk

I have a Roadster, and having owned the car through a winter I would never have put the hard top on it, too many lovely bright days in the winter to take you by surprise

I would say though, we had been to 3 dealers today (looking for a replacement for mine ) and Guildford were the pikiest of the lot. Scruffy premises, cheap rude sales staff, their new unregistered cars were in an appalling state out the back covered in pine sap and dirt, and the sales lady knew absolutely nothing about the car.. grey

And don't worry about Tuesday - I'm in a BMW at the moment so you can hide with me

Quick Reply: Thanks for the card - whoever you are