UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Thanks for the advice guys

Old 08-13-2004, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supers2k,Aug 13 2004, 02:46 PM
Exactly, what's with the recreational drugs bit ???

__________________________________________________ ___________

Brian NO!
What are we gonna do for "The Voice of All Reason, Knowledge and Sensibility"?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:48 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Brian, whoa!

Have you heard of these guys?

www.zeroshift.com

Your clutch may soon be redundant!
Old 08-13-2004, 01:30 PM

WOW COOOOOLLLLL retro-posts!!!!

Who's going to find the oldest recorded question about the 'Secret Compartment'

... or how soft the S2000 went with the addition of tweeters,

... or Cheshire Carpers first wind up

Old 08-14-2004, 12:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought about putting the 5Zigen twin mode clutch system in... but that's only a halfway house. Zero shift appears to put the shift strain onto the clutch or the rest of thr drivetrain... I think that needs a few years hammering before it'd be worth the risk. Besides I think any change like that could ruin the car, which I don't want to do.

It's not only the clutch these days either. The seats don't support me well enough in corners, which causes me to use my left leg to brace - which doesn't help. I've imported a set of J's racing seat rails, and some carbon fibre bucket seats. With them in the car, the support was there, but getting in and out was too hard - the stock seats are back in right now.

Trust me, that I'think I've looked at all the options.

Ian, I'm not really in good enough condition to drive to MM1, let alone drive on it. Last weekend, I was at my most local meet - classic car show at Harrogate. Spent most of this week recovering from doing that - I've not driven since. I made Japs Indoors in April (and won the roadster category - S2000 win again!), but that's about all I've been able to make this year.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a buyer who's probably an existing S2000 owner who's thought about more power, better handling etc. I reckon my car's the complete package... and it'd be considerably cheaper for someone to sell their S and buy mine than go through the upgrade path on their own car. We'll see.

I'm not planning to leave the site full stop afterwards anyway.

-Brian.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:31 AM

Bummer that, Brian. All those little reflex actions one doesn't think about.
Sorry to hear the news.

BTW, what are you thinking of moving on to?
Old 08-15-2004, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by mikerich,Aug 14 2004, 10:31 AM
BTW, what are you thinking of moving on to?
First priority is finding a good home for the S. As to cars, I'm thinking of going for two cars - something with really easy access for when I need to drive, plus something for when the knee's good and I can 'let rip'.

Have to wait and see. I'm not really that sure how much I'll get for my S for one thing. I'm also leaning towards getting a classic for the 'sensible' car. So many good cars from the late seventies, and early eighties could fit the bill. I've clung on so long as I don't want to ever just be driving something for tranport. Most modern cars are very efficient transport, but just souless. I drove a Jazz for a few days not long ago - really efficient transport, but completely without a soul. A few weeks later, I drove a Fiat 126 of all things - slow, really offset pedals, more ranges of sounds than most jungles. The 126 wasn't ideal to drive, but I enjoyed driving it much more than the Jazz. So, I figure a decent classic could combine being knee friendly, with having that character.

-Brian.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:31 AM

Have you considered an automatic MX-5 Brian ?
Old 08-15-2004, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jul 3 2001, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the club!

S2K or ITR, they're both fine IMO.
Yea, I've had both and both are wonderful. Get more noticed in the S2k especially in the summer but the ITR is amazing round corners.

My insurance was cheaper in my S2k too????????????????!!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:31 AM

This is a real shame Brian, I know how difficult it can be. There was a point about 3 years ago where I honestly thought that I was never going to be able to drive again and I was absolutely gutted.

I'm sure there will be a queue forming for your car, it's immaculate and the tuning work was the most professional I've seen, shame I never got a chance for a ride

All the best in getting sorted one way or another
Old 08-15-2004, 12:36 PM

I have thought about a few autos.... I might end up with an auto for a daily driver, but I'm going to try see if I can't find a manual that's suitable first. If the gearbox in the 'auto' MR-2 roadster was better, that might have been an option. I'm going to think a lot more, and take a few drives once the S is sold. In the meantime, I've a few little bits I want to tidy on the S before it goes up for sale - plus the first MOT is due, so I'll finish that lot first.

Thanks Neil. You never know - however the next owner ends up being, they make take you out for a passenger ride.

-Brian.