UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Testarossa v S2000

Old 09-04-2004, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testarossa v S2000

excellent....out in the 'rarri pootling along and what do I see??? an S2000 fast approaching in the outside lane

I have to say the S2000 does look soooooo good in the rear view....as he comes past I pop in behind and have a good look.....I don't get the opportunity to see the S2000 from another driver's perception. It struck me as actually quite wide and 'cat like', ready to pounce!..very agressive in stature

As we approached a roundabout he braked verrry late and with a 'flick and flack' he was off.......it highlight for me how good the steering is on the S2000...it might lack feel but with so few turns lock to lock it 'does the job'...the Testarossa is a real 'effort' in this respect with an extra turn lock to lock...and moving 245's up front with no assistance....this car is not for for the ladies

I've got some time to make up....he's off like a hare and I give it the full 4942cc treatment.....evidently he's not interested in hooning off in to the distance and backs off.....so we are now in a nice little convoy

Next roundabout I am ready but again he brakes late.....later than I dare...and again is off, the nimble S2000 making easy work of the roundabout....

F**k this....I can't get near him under braking....the extra 250kgs of weight is really telling...maybe if it was a circuit and I was not bothered about bending the car I might be less circumspect?

I exit the roundabout and give all I've got....again the S2000 backs off and I catch up...........

This time he allows me to pass and I now 'control' proceedings.......at the next roundabout I brake relatively early and the S2000 is right up my chuff...through the roundabout and I am right in the 'zone' where the Testarossa absolutely flies.......30-70mph in 2nd.......I nail it.............

and the S2000 is gone....no chance...I pull maybe?? 4/5 car lengths and then time for a change to 3rd...

I back off and the S2000 makes ground just as I did when he backe off to let me catch up

What it showed me is that for straight line 'grunt'.....the Fezza ruled the roost...but under braking and in the corners it was S2000 all the way

I think this is the S2000's strongest suit....braking and cornering...and at the end of the day it's this that provides the most satisfaction (for me anyway)....I was slightly dissapointed how much ground I was able to put between me and the S2000, given I could have been in 1st at 30mph instead of the relatively leisurely 2nd

So who was it then?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:36 AM

good story zero

has to be someone here with the late braking surely.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:46 AM

Didn't realise you had a Testarossa matey, thought you had one of the less awe-inspiring fezzas...

I've just become your no. 1 fan Had a framed picture of a Testa on my wall for about 8 years as I was growing up.

I very nearly also had a race with a Ferrari today, a F355 no less.. unfortunately he went a different exit on the roundabout. I should've really followed given straight after it was a dual carriageway that goes for quite a while - but by the time I realised I was already on my lane.

Old 09-04-2004, 12:09 PM

50% share......it's looking a little tired now..needs some money spent on it to bring up to tip top condition appearance wise but mechanically/structurally it's sound, it's only when you look close up it betrays it's age....from a distance it still looks good
Old 09-04-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bloody Hell, I was living every minute of that!!! I thought you sold the Fezza!
Old 09-04-2004, 01:09 PM

Excell3ent post Zero!
Old 09-05-2004, 07:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took some pics of some 2nd hand Fs in a delearship in Italy, yesterday Z. I`ll post them later/soon.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:01 AM

Great story Z but the bit that really sold it for me was your analytical approach to what essentiallly are 2 very different cars IMO.

1) is the majority of the people here's pride and joy

2) is still regarded as a a supercar (and I know u wanted to be an extra in Miami Vice)

Very mature attitude in your post Z
Old 09-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I think that is Zero's dad posting.

Nice story though. What was the reg of the S, and what colour was it, plus what road?

Old 09-05-2004, 11:24 AM

A24 heading out of Dorking heading south towards the Horsham area.......Silverstone, W reg......

He knew the S well, that was for sure. It kind of underlined the fact that in the 'right hands' the S2000 is a very quick point to point machine

Quick Reply: Testarossa v S2000