UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Test drive on Saturday!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did until 06 on Moonrock, Silverstone and Berlina Black though it is quite rare and hits the residual value quite hard (as you can see )
Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers guys

I've read the FAQ for suspension and think I have a clearer understanding of it now, I'll make sure they check this out before I pays me money! We did notice tire wear was a little uneven on the front tires (inside worn) but not sure if this is something thats common - but this should give me the opportunity to make sure thats all checked!

I may for peace of mind at some point, get the geometry checked anyway so this will ensure all the bushes are sufficiently lubricated so won't cause any nasty suprises in the future.

And no, I won't swap it...

I actually had a thought of "am I doing the right thing" a little earlier but now that feeling has passed... not quite used to splashing out this much cash on a car!

Insurance isn't too bad I thought,
Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Just as I signed on the dotted line a wee voice in my head was asking "are you sure?" 15 months down the line YOU BET I AM, tremendous car, welcome to S2k ownership.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wanted one for 5 years, then got one, then it took roughly about 2 weeks of driving it before the love affair started. It wasn't instant love after the first drive, I guess it was when I first took the airbox lid off (after 2 weeks), bingo!!! the penny dropped
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM

lol nice, least I know I'm probably making the right decision... I've wanted an S for a good few years now!!

Insurance wise, I see people recommend Chris Knott, I'm not a member of the club yet but will sign up if he gives a decent quote that betters the Admiral quote. I guess he can give me a quote without being a member?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Sign up anyway, you've got your money's worth of info already and you'll save more than the membership on servicing and parts (lots of companies offer club discount) in the first year or less!

Plus, we're all worth paying to chat to anyway!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The full pimp red is definitely the best interior for an S. Looks fantastic on any silver.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Handbrake looks like it needs adjusted BTW.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by SlimJ GBR,Jun 30 2008, 07:21 PM
lol nice, least I know I'm probably making the right decision... I've wanted an S for a good few years now!!

Insurance wise, I see people recommend Chris Knott, I'm not a member of the club yet but will sign up if he gives a decent quote that betters the Admiral quote. I guess he can give me a quote without being a member?
The trick is...

You will end up wanting to change something on the car.

My latest Gocompare, Elephant, Moneysupermarket, quotes.

39 out of 40 insurers didn't even want to quote. ( I only upgraded the Anti roll bars ).

Sometimes it is worth paying a little more for an insurer you know will pay out.
( Do a search here on Swiftcover for example. )
Old 06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
B B

MB thinks the S2000 looks gay with the hood down.
Oh for heavens sake there is hardly a more macho car on the road, & one that IMO & for many, does not need what look desperate attempts to try and make it even more butch.

And why the fear of owning a car that might look shapely beautiful and pretty even? Some men don't half have some worrying insecurities & protest too much.

Quick Reply: Test drive on Saturday!