UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tegiwa Carbon Bonnet Fitment

Old 08-12-2015, 05:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob87
Originally Posted by mr-pitts
They are a absolute pain in the ass, I've got a Mugen and every time I wash the car I need to put a blanket on the inside of the engine bay.
Do mugen not come with trays to fit underneath? I know some bonnets do, I bought a seibon off a member but never used it because I couldn't source the tray for it either
Mine has a rain screen underneath, basically a plastic sheet which is positioned so that any water ingress is transported down the bonnet and discharged just behind the rad.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:12 AM

and yes, those are tyres on my passenger seat
Old 08-12-2015, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Mine has a rain screen underneath, basically a plastic sheet which is positioned so that any water ingress is transported down the bonnet and discharged just behind the rad.
Yeah one of them bad boys. You going to Japfest 2 Mike?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbob87
Yeah one of them bad boys. You going to Japfest 2 Mike?
I can't make it this year mate , the next show I will be at is Forge Action day in September.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't make it this year mate , the next show I will be at is Forge Action day in September.
Il see you next year, I'm going into hiding until 2016, many changes
Old 08-12-2015, 05:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mugen do have a drip tray type thing molded into the bonnet underside but I'm not sure if it's any good.I still have to put a blanket in the engine bay.

I think if that's how good the fit is in them pics it's no worse than the Mugen, plus you can alter the shut lines by slacking off the wing bolts and pushing the wing in to close the lines up.Youve got 5 he added bonus of that bonnet being around £3000 cheaper than the Mugen one.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The fit on mine isn't too bad.

[attachment=83627::]
Attached Thumbnails Tegiwa Carbon Bonnet Fitment-image-2783065948.jpg  
Old 08-12-2015, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input and pictures - they have been very handy.

The fitment doesn't look too bad but I'm actually swaying towards modifying the standard bonnet.

Rather like this:

Picture taken from US side of the forum.

Just need to think about some rain guard system and my mate at the bodyshop was saying we'd definitely have to paint the bonnet if this was done - touching in with a brush where the cuts have been made doesn't really cut it (lol) as far as he is concerned so that will still cost a fair bit.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been using a vented bonnet without raingaurds for *years* and only had the one issue, the piston for the brake master cylinder corroded.

First vented bonnet I had was a Seibon, the fit was poor and it took a lot of adjusting to get the thing aligned. The J's bonnet was a perfect fit.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:41 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Mugen do have a drip tray type thing molded into the bonnet underside but I'm not sure if it's any good.I still have to put a blanket in the engine bay.

I think if that's how good the fit is in them pics it's no worse than the Mugen, plus you can alter the shut lines by slacking off the wing bolts and pushing the wing in to close the lines up.Youve got 5 he added bonus of that bonnet being around £3000 cheaper than the Mugen one.
I saw this built in drip tray on 4X4Freaks recently. Very clever design really.

Mike - can you take pic of the rain run off thing/blanket you describe??

Quick Reply: Tegiwa Carbon Bonnet Fitment