UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Techy question ....cant find a fuse Help!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techy question ....cant find a fuse Help!

I have a problem with my S, the heated rear window is kaput, on both my hard top and soft-top, so me thinks argh! relay, fuse or possibly may unplugged the loom behind passenger seat.
So have checked the the loom all connected, and the relay clicks when I depress the switch, so me thinks where is the main fuse for the power of the demist -window, I have checked my copy of the S manual but it only goes up to 01 models and mine is an 04, cant find the hand book either so no help there then.

So have now found 3 fuse boxes on the car 2 under the hood and one under the dash, so does anyone know the location of the main power fuse for the heated rear window (not the fuse for the relay for heated rear window), and none of the explanations on the box or the lid tell you where the fuse is !!!!.

Why I am doing this well the stealer started making noises about charging me, "As we have never seen this before sir", blah, blah.

Any one tell me where I can get an 04 version of the Honda ESM? as well.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:16 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

IIRC, it is an inline fuse either in the centre console, behind the compartments or accessible through the spare wheel well?

Sorry, but I'm a bit forget..............
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MY 05 handbook shows rear demister as fuse #1 in auxiliary fuse box (small one under bonnet).

Also shows heated mirrors as #14 in interior fuse box? As they come on with the same switch seems odd - perhaps they are relayed separately?

If rear screen does use a relay might be worth checking that - position not in handbook.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shopman,Nov 20 2005, 04:07 PM
MY 05 handbook shows rear demister as fuse #1 in auxiliary fuse box (small one under bonnet).

Also shows heated mirrors as #14 in interior fuse box? As they come on with the same switch seems odd - perhaps they are relayed separately?

If rear screen does use a relay might be worth checking that - position not in handbook.
Where is this aux fusebox? Never mind, I just hadn't looked for it before but found it no bother.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:14 AM

The relay for the rear demist, is under the dash behid the steering column... found that

Still trying to find my handbook!!!!!!

I ll have a look in the auxillary fuse box thats the small one by the bulk head next to the battery, as opposed to the larger one in front of the battery.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Ok checked out the fuse and its intact, so does anyone out there have a diagram of wiring loom for a GT spec 04, eg loom splits for hardtoip and softtop

As I would like to know where all the connectors are I knwo there are 2 behind the passenger seat. but not sure wear the loom connects up further up the tree anyone got the diagram from ESM would be a ahelp
Old 11-21-2005, 12:04 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Personally I would be having strong words with the dealer? Its under warranty surely? I would be seething!

MB
Old 11-21-2005, 12:09 PM

Do the heated mirrors work?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:28 PM

I wil be ahving very smug words with the dealer....

Yes the mirrors do work and the light on the switch (heatedwindows mirrors) ccmes on as well
Old 11-21-2005, 01:12 PM

A few thoughts...

You said you could hear a relay clicking, but could it be a separate relay for the heated mirrors that you can hear? Could there be a separate relay for the HRW which is dud.

The power must be getting through to the switch side of the relay.
Might be worth replacing the relay to remove it from the list of possibles.

Could be corrosion or arcing one of the connectors, try pulling them apart and reconnecting them with the switch on and see if you get any sparking.

Quick Reply: Techy question ....cant find a fuse Help!