UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tanabe / Milltek

Old 04-20-2020, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tanabe / Milltek

Hi All,
Back along I pained over the exhaust choce for my S. Wanted a sweet tone at low revs, banshee(ish) up at 9k, minimal drone but nothing too hooligan. Settled on a choice of two.

Miltek Twin Oval or Tanabe Medallion Touring.

Spent weeks, nee months (tragically) listening to comparison videos in an effort to decide before opting for the stock look of oval pipes. Clicked order..."sold last one yesterday". Un-sodding-believable.
With a minimum order number of 15 and only 6 names taken at the time, choice was obvious for the, by now, impatient me. Tanabe it was...

Tanabe is sat in the box in our spare bedroom, unopened. Car has been in storage for 18 months.... but out these last few weeks to tinker during lock-down and....bugger me if the Miltek list isnt complete!

Anyone have experience of both that could help me decide....again? Bit of a first world problem I know (especially at present) but I'm torn all over again...

Cheers
Old 04-20-2020, 02:09 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

I've heard the tanabe in person and driven a car with it on a couple of times. I like it A lot , they aren't that much different in terms of sound. It's all aestethics at that point.,
Old 04-20-2020, 04:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry, no experience with Miltek but my friend and I both have Tanabe on our cars and we love them! Almost stock at cruise and a nice wail at WOT. Not ricer at all.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:09 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Having heard both in person (and ridden in the cars with them), my preference is the Tanabe.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:09 AM

Well this sounds positive. Realise its copletely subjective, but your're all clearly fans of the Tanabe. Shame we cant just swap the oval tailpipes.
Thanks, appreciate the replies.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:53 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,244 Likes on 1,087 Posts

My twin brother ( @WVCR-V ) and I both have Tanabe Medalion Touring exhausts on our twin, identical S2000s. Highly recommended Gentlemanly Performance sound. For me, at least, it was good to get rid of the oval Acord exhaust tips but I'm sure one could fit the OE tips to the Tanabe mufflers.

-- Chuck
Old 04-21-2020, 01:11 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

As an NA car the Tanabe was the best exhaust I’ve had on any of my S2s (I’ve had Invidia N1, J’s 60rs, and a couple of custom jobs plus OEM modded).

The fit and finish is beautiful, and does the quiet/cruising and ripping/hard driving thing so well. It’s a bit loud now my car is supercharged, but then most exhausts willl be!
Old 04-21-2020, 02:34 PM

Thanks Tango, Chuck, much appreciate your feedback. I'm liking what you're saying. Sounds like I have made the right choice..... just a shame its still packaged
up and cant be enjoyed. Will have to get it fitted!

Cheers, Thanks.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:34 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

My Tanabe was a lovely bit of kit. So nicely made and a really nice sound. Sadly I found it a bit too loud at low revs with a decat. But I am fairly sensitive to that. Gutted to get rid, to be honest.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Miltek and love the sound and the standard look of the twin tail pipes. An excellent piece of kit and a nice upgrade without going crazy with the decibels!
The following users liked this post:
TraynorS2k (10-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Tanabe / Milltek