UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supreme Accident Repair Centre in Birmingham

Old 06-29-2007, 03:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Supreme Accident Repair Centre in Birmingham

Just a word of warning to whoever is having their silver S2000 repaired there at the moment (looks like it's having a n/s respray). Examine it very carefully when you pick it up.

As people may recall, a neighbour reversed into the door a few weeks ago and I arranged to have it repaired at this place as they are Honda and Mercedes approved repairers.

What should have been a simple three or four day repair has actually taken them three weeks. I initially picked it up two weeks ago but found that some cretin had "polished" the entire side of the car, including part of the bonnet, with an orbital polisher (loaded with sandpaper seemingly). There were swirl marks all over the side of car, which created an awful holgram effect. Worse, they blended the paintwork to the front and rear wings in to the door but seemd to be under the impression that it was acceptable to have diffferently textured paint on each of the panels. Initially the wings had a distinct range peel effect, which contrasted with the much smoother paint to the new door (which matched the original paintwork). There was a small drip at the junction of the door mirror and they had even managed to put the S2000 wing badge on at the wrong level.

This has taken two another two weeks and three visits for them to put right. The guy in charge of the paint shop said that most people do not look too closely when they picked their cars up! I actually had to explain to him that I wanted the new paint texture to match the rest of the car (WTF!)

Suffice to say, the car now looks immaculate and the paintwork look perfect, but they have had to redo a lot of their work to achieve this.

If you are having your S2000 resprayed there, look it over with a fine toothcomb before you accept it. There was also an older MCB there as well. They have done a great job finally, but it was a lot of hassle getting there.

Suffice to say, if I hadn't looked, I would have had a sh*t looking car now.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are they? Are they Bordseley Heath or around there? I think they might have done my rear bumper a few years ago - I had to go back to sort out the bumper not being aligned. The paint finish looked fine but when I used sticky velcro pads on the rear numberplate surround recently the paint started to peel off with the sticky pads!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

They are in Hay Road, close to the incinerator next to the Birmingham City Football ground (doesn't Birmingham sound wonderful?)

I really hope they are not the people you used!