UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supra guys comments..

Old 07-29-2005, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read somewhere recently that the engine is basically an overblown fireblade lump but taking that to 2L seems a bit unfeasible to me - I thought the bike engines were pretty much wrung out.
WTF!?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:16 PM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't yours rev to 12,000 rpm Beardie
Old 07-29-2005, 02:33 PM

18k on mine, just the same as Jensen's
Old 07-30-2005, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well just a couple fo things that spring to mind when reading this supra owners intellectaul masturbation.

The standard car in even the fastest guise of the Supra, an S2 would give a run for its money.

Any fool with enough money can tune a car, and make it fast, so the comparison between tuned old cars, and a stanard S2 is very one sided, especially as said Supra never drove a tuned S2, ho hum *yawn*

In fast and the furious 2 (re Pimp my ride Part2), which car was the slowest in the drag races, and it wasnt an S2 could it be a Supra?, It must be true its on film.

For a car that was made in the 80's, its old and dated, and truly forgetable, and didnt sell that well, why it was dropped!
Old 08-01-2005, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by StevenM,Jul 28 2005, 05:45 PM
Bobeh is Mikes mate is he not?
Yes m8 I am, hows things?

Sigh, reading some of the comments on here is depressing, most of you are just as bad as those making the comments on the Supra forum, neither of whom know anything about the cars they're talking about.

My experience with the S2K, with the one Mike owned, was very good. I was impressed... I raced him in my 'unmolested' UK (stock boost) manual TT and he kept up well up to 100, its only above that I started pulling away from him at a rate.

The real beauty about the Supra which many of you seem to be missing is that it can be modified to run relaibly at around 400bhp so easily, and this means you have NO chance at all hanging with one. Very few owners (apart from me ) keep their cars standard. I too am not a fan of some of the shite kits you mention.

With regards to the twitchy handling, I would have to agree as I and him ended up in a friggin fence when he pushed it, the back end just snapped out. Its not totally unpredictable but that didnt win me any favours.

Comparing the two cars is stupid, as they are a different genre of vehicle. The S2KI is more a sports car and the Supra a GT car. The level of toys/luxury in the Supra is immense, with cruise control, climate control, electric leather heated seats etc I could go on and on.

With regard to handling... stop kidding yourselves. The Supra has masses of capability. A modified version held the lap record at the Nurburgring for years and I've still not seen a stock S2K lap faster around Tskuba than the Supra did back in 1995. Sure they both handle great but dont write off the Supra due to its age/weight.

I could easily live with Mikes car, it was a good drive, exiting when you wanted it and easy to drive/live with when you were out of VTEC, sure it hasnt got the torque but thats because its a different animal. The only thing that put me off was the noise at 70mph... its just too much for me. If I wanted that experience I'd go buy a Lotus.

I wont be afraid to admit that I got overtaken by an S2K when I was in Germany, he obviously was pushing harder than me but then again he lost it and smashed his car up. But then again I got overtaken by an MX5... does that get me wanting an MX5, no.

With regard to resale.. I think too many of you guys have your head up your own asses when it comes to the worth of your cars... I remember chatting to Colin regarding his 'near purchase' of a Supra... tbh I didnt buy my car with re-sale in mind.... but dont think youre S2K is gonna hold out, Mike couldnt sell his for trying when he tried.. and ended up getting a trade in for around
Old 08-01-2005, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-01-2005, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbeh,Aug 1 2005, 01:38 PM
Hairdresser comments are lame, chav comments are lame as are medallion wearing comments, you sound as gay as every other sterotypical twat out there.
You wrote a balanced post there. However, I would point out that it was the Supra guy making the hairdresser comment

I don't think the cost to fill a petrol tank removes chav status either, its the average driver which personifies the car. At its price point more chavs can buy it , simple as that. No doubt the S2000's day will come too, although I don't think it will be so popular with the chavvy MAX power brigade for precisely the reason you explained, the Supra can be given huge straightline power on a budget, precisely the S2000's weakness.

Quite honestly, I don't give two hoots about the thoughts of some Supra owners about the S2000, and I'd expect them to give me the same short shrift regarding my unknowledgable comments on the Supra. However, I will say that I bought the Banzai magazine featuring Andy Doherty's turbo S2000 and I remember how much I liked the blue souped-up Supra in the mag
Old 08-01-2005, 06:10 AM

Thanks Craig, agreed, but I dont think its the CAR that makes it a chav mobile, its the type of person who own them. Like I said, Im not defending any of these comments, its all stupidity and childish stereotyping. I think the problem is there are some owners on both sides who think they're worth more than they are.

You're gonna get 'chav' elements in every market, even so the comment is kinda pompus in its own right. I mean just because someone fits some chrome alloys or a bling stereo, sometimes spending thousands more than a 'tasteful' alternative, does that make the car itself a chav mobile?

We get the same comments on our own forum, the fear of the car becoming a chav dream car. Which it is thanks to the FATF!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbeh,Aug 1 2005, 02:10 PM
We get the same comments on our own forum, the fear of the car becoming a chav dream car. Which it is thanks to the FATF!
In fairness to the FATF producers, they did get the Supra painted in that godawful flat orange colour, didn't they? I actually thought it was the worst paintjob I'd ever seen! (and the pink S2000 with naff veilside kit in FATF2 tried its best to look as bad)
Old 08-01-2005, 06:22 AM

TBH it did the trick... it stood out (both cars did, made cracking poster material) - having said that the guy who owned it before it was resprayed had it in bright yellow..!! but yeah they were riced out for the silver screen.

Not all orange Supras are bad tho One of our tuners has his painted in Lambo orange which looks sweet, a little like the S2K orange that Leggy Blonde (has/had)?) , has a nice faint metallic flip in it.

Quick Reply: Supra guys comments..