UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supra guys comments..

Old 07-28-2005, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pressed the started button once.......when I did my 1st test drive in a different car.

Having heard the noise I dont recomend.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found that fitting a noisy exhaust avoided the embarrassing situaion of pressing the starter button because you believe the engine isn't running
Old 07-29-2005, 12:18 AM

My mate is into his Soops .. I drove his UK spec (Twin Turbo) and it was damn rapid, but I had almost no feedback through the controls. The Auto on them is loverly and the car just wants to pull and pull through the rev range.

But I prefered my MR2 turbo, it was smaller, more point and squirt and I was quicker round the 'ring (but that could be a lot down to the driver).

When I decided on a new car, I didn't want skyline/supra etc .. too damn big and lardy.

He's just sold the UK one and got a manual Jap spec to strip it and slap a 2.2 MR2 lump into it (about 500bhp) to make it more like the S2k with the engine behind the front wheels. Can't wait to take that out for a spin.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I nearly bought a 25k Supra many years ago. Thank god I didn`t. It'd be worth pennies now

But they are bloody rapid. Its plagued like the old Celica was. It felt like a 'normal' car to control ie no real feedback or solidity to it.

Saying that though, when I see them, if not completely chavved, I always like the look of them.

Thing with the S, if the bloke had kept it, he could've sold it and bought 4 or 5 Supras.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shipley,Jul 28 2005, 05:26 PM
I had to come away from that forum as I didn't have the false hairy chest and medallion.

That's par for the course in Supra ownership is it not?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:05 AM

The guy who started the thread sounds like a spoon:

for the cost of the car I found it very lacking...
Funny that almost every motoring press calls the s2000 one of the best value .performance cars.

I found the car to be very twitchy even at low speed...
And now we're back to the line "I'm a shit driver but I'll blame the car".

1. Twitches badly, not even good for drifitng, while you can get it step out nicely, it fishtails when you bring it back in again
See above

2. Very small inside, and this is coming for someone small like me
Have to agree, but didn't he notice this before he bought it?

3. Radio access is ACROSS the gear level
Two words: Dash Controls

4. Very low power, supposed 240bhp
Yeah that's terrible

5. Steering wheel doesn't adjust
His only genuine point.

6. Engine start button activates the starter even when the engine is running
Errr don't be a dumbass and press it then?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:13 AM

And a quote from another poster:

not driven one but heard you've really gotta rag the nuts off it to make it feel even slightly fast. poser's car IMO
LMAO

But this one might just take the biscuit:

Not to mention that when you drive an S2000, you just blend in with the rest of the crowd in their RX8's, MX5's, Z3's/4's, Audi TT's etc. etc.

We hardly got a look, unlike when you're driving a Supra. For a "posers' car", it really ain't much good for posing in!!!
S2000 blend in? He's living in a dream world. You'll probably see a Supra on the road everyday, and no one pays any attention to them. I could probably count the number of S2000's I've seen on both hands. I've driven some decent cras in my time but none attract attention like the S.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:14 AM

Supra is a nice looking car, and I love torque and turbo's, but lots of ths points are daft - especially the twitchy thing - that's just not being smooth or subtle enough with the aids.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Banned

You'll never win the clowns over. They like big ham-fisted chav mobile's, and we like engineering and handling purity.

Each thinks their own is the only way forward. Let the chavs have their fun and leave them to it.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:54 AM

I personally do not like turbo cars. I drove my mates S3 and didn't like the drive in the slightest but the steering feel was nice.

Quick Reply: Supra guys comments..