UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Struggling to find an exhaust...

Old 05-26-2010, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struggling to find an exhaust...

Hey peeps,

I've only had my S a couple of weeks, I bought it knowing it needed an 81k service, & all was well for the first week - creaked a bit from the rear on slow speed bumps, & brakes squeak a bit, but nothing I was overly worried about... then I started getting a nasty rattle which sounded like an exhaust mount & booked it into the garage asap.

Anyway, its gone into Japex who are just down the road from me, & I've been advised the CAT is knackered & breaking up (even I can see the screws that are pinning the thing in place), there's a crack in a weld on O/S exhaust, and the pads & discs all round are in need of replacement (the rear discs could last another set of pads though apparently). I'm no mechanic but I know this is stuff I could have identified at purchase, with the benefit of hindsight

So with a sigh, I look again at my poor beaten credit card...

I've seen a set of front & rear grooved discs & yellowstuff pads on ebay for £300 ish which seems pretty good for the money, although also saw basic discs + pagid pads that added up oto ~£180 ish for the full set which almost seems too cheap, anyway I think I can sort the brake situation out & get these fitted at Japex.

The exhaust situation has me stumped though, I'd like to keep the car more than a year or two (which is rare for me, usually keep my cars 6 months tops) so I don't want to just bodge it together (could it just be welded up again?), and I'm a tart so I'd love to get a Buddy Club or Invidia single on there, but I'm struggling to find places where these are available or even get a rough price on some of the options available in the UK. Japspeed have a nice looking system for only £350, but I can't find an reviews on this: http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Honda-S2000/Exha...tem/p-8-72-750/

And Cobra too: http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/onlineshop/pro...a+S2000&level=3

Any ideas on what these are like in terms of sound & quality? I need to try to keep spending under some control (although its getting to the point where I just dont care anymore! [even if my bank does]). I have a recent MOT so might go the decat route for now, I read that Berk is the best option for this and think about a replacement cat later.

Appreciate any input or opinion on this one, cheers!

Jim
Old 05-26-2010, 01:40 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

You can get decent braking bits from www.brakesinternational.com

There's really no need to go for performance pads and disks for road use so there's plenty of money to be saved there. (Roughly £200 all in for front and rear discs and pads).

There are quite a few OEM exhausts in the For Sale section here or on Ebay for under £100.

also have a look in the Traders Forum here - some good offers https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=101
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A second hand cat will cost ~ £70 and can be sourced from GarageR (a member on here, and a breaker of S' so PM him ) or have a look on fleabay. Integrastella sells alot of S2000 parts on there.

As for the exhaust...I've never heard of an OEM one breaking. If money is tight, just get a second hand OEM one as they can be had for around £40...no one really buys them so the price is rock bottom.

Brakes:

Brakes International for discs - If you are a subscribed member of S2KUK (not this forum) then you can get a discount.

http://www.s2kuk.com/s2kuk/Benefits/MemberBenefits.php

Pads from Honda are good, although Haroonsarwar has just got himself the Pagid ones, which are apparently OEM spec

HTH
Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 AM

Nice one, thanks for your help - ordered discs & pads from brakesinternational just now, due to arrive tomorrow Need to save money where I can so no need for performance stuff on the brakes you're right.. (and yet exhaust system still tempts me...) Anyway I PM'd Garage-R, a solution to the cat situation is next job on the list.

Jim
Old 05-26-2010, 03:22 AM

I have just replaced my OEM exhaust with a buddy club single, you cant get them in the UK. I got mine from LSD motorsports on this forum, all in including duty and VAT it was about £500, a goo £80 less than the UK dealer price (UK dealer has none and cant get any) Oh it only took 4 working days to arrive from the USA too. Paid on paypal, so its safe also.

Going to decat next week, why dont you get a decat from Garage R mate, and order the buddy club from LSD.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Banned

I got a cat back system and de-cat from GarageR and thinks it's the dog's bollocks.l Rob will fit it free of charge. It's full stainless steel. It comes with a lifetime warranty.

Go for it.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 PM

i'm contemplating between the garage R exhaust and the HKS; still researching though.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:33 AM

Yeah GarageR system does look tidy - I'm trying to resist the temptation

Hoping to pick up a cheap decat & old oem system at the weekend, pick up my discs & pads today, and get the whole lot thrown on there next week... can't bloody wait to drive it again...