UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

stratstone bradford

Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stratstone bradford

hi just had the car to stratstone honda bradford for its 4th year service before i booked it in i insisted on castrol edge 5-30 and was given there word that they would use this oil but when i asked which oil was used i was told the same oil as they put in every car from a big tank but was told that it is the same as casrtol edge can any one confirm that the bulk oils used by dealers is castrol edge 5-30.
when i got home i thought i would check the oil only to find that they had spilt oil all over the rocker cover and not cleaned it up but worst of all the oil level was only up to 2 notches on the dip stick but on the bill it says oil 6 times 1L
Old 03-02-2009, 10:49 AM

They probably metered out the correct amount but split most of it into your engine bay.

I object to paying their enormous margins on things like this so I now supply my own.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dealer dealer dealer dealer

sounds like they had the pre-pubescent master technician on the job then. Probably took it for a good rag as well.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is why i do most of my service DIY.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by integra_man,Mar 2 2009, 08:49 PM
They probably metered out the correct amount but split most of it into your engine bay.

I object to paying their enormous margins on things like this so I now supply my own.
yes the only reason i use main dealers is for the stamp i am beginning to think is it worth using a good independent experienced garage as i intend to keep the car.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 AM

I went to buy some top up oil for my S and they sold me some 5W-40 oil, they informed me that they use this grade for all s2000! so how they have managed to use 5w-30 for yours?
I also take my accord diesel there for servicing and they said they use 0W-40 on all others cars (excluding the S2K).
Old 03-03-2009, 08:08 AM

Hello Tim
DO NOT USE STRATSTONE HONDA BRADFORD!!!!
They are terrible as you have found out,
I can Highly recommend Hepworth Honda Halifax, you can barter with them, and because the garage is relativly small they are happy for the business.
I have taken my S there a few times and provided my own Motul oil with no problems.
If you do require tyres BCT ( The old allan jefferies on saltaire road) are usually competative, if maybe a bit far get a local to match or better the price.
If you do require front pads approx
Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=shepp,Mar 3 2009, 06:08 PM]Hello Tim
DO NOT USE STRATSTONE HONDA BRADFORD!!!!
They are terrible as you have found out,
I can Highly recommend Hepworth Honda Halifax, you can barter with them, and because the garage is relativly small they are happy for the business.
I have taken my S there a few times and provided my own Motul oil with no problems.
If you do require tyres BCT ( The old allan jefferies on saltaire road) are usually competative, if maybe a bit far get a local to match or better the price.
If you do require front pads approx
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 PM

what did the service cost
Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry Off topic:

I forgot about this, the last time i was a keighley was about 5 years ago looking at car at this jap car import place cant remember the name (didnt get a car), i was staying with an old uni mate from burnley.

Anyways at night, we were walking back and i got into an argument with 2 asian chaps (with a chip on there shoulder funny that), i remember one of them pushed me for no reason, anyways i kicked both there heads in. I was was waiting for another 100 of them and there dad in there mercedis to run me over haha so i quickly scarpered.

They picked on me at the wrong time as i was heavily into training then, funny actually as a branch of our bushido club was in Bradford. I'll never forgot that, i live in a different world in the lake district

Quick Reply: stratstone bradford