UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.
View Poll Results: Stone chips / paint nicks
0 my car is immaculate
16.46%
1 or 2
30.38%
3 to 8
39.24%
9+ I really should give up rallying in the S2000
13.92%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Stone chips / paint nicks

Old 02-07-2002, 11:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokyo_james
[B]

I have just ordered the langka stuff to see if it will work on scratches (2 big scratches - keyed by some ***`&#*@@@ !!).
Old 02-08-2002, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The touch up pen from the USA arrived yesterday - very quick!

I'm going to wait for the Langka though and try it with the OEM touch up paint - the pen uses a very quick drying type of paint that I don't think will be compatible.
Old 02-10-2002, 10:19 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Further to my earlier reply have jaust washed and polished the babe , and low two small chips , or more like nicks on the front Bumper , wow is me .

But never mind I think small price to pay for the pleasure of driving the stook
Old 02-10-2002, 11:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

waaaa!

i just found a chip slap bang in the middle of my windscreen

should i just leave it or use one of these 'chip filler' resin things you can get?

i'm assuming 1 chip isn't enough to get the windscreen replaced?

a not happy andy
Old 02-12-2002, 10:30 AM

Well its been a good day for parcels

My Lanka has arrived (seems damn quick service!!) but the Britsih weather cut me a crual break and decided to start lashing down about half a mile from home so I won't be trying it tonight.

Hopefully we'll get a fine weekend and I can lavish some TLC on the S2000 and try out this miracle stuff.

Heaven knows its been a while since I did some serious chemistry but this Lanka really does smell a lot like an organic solvent of some sort... fingers crossed I have some paint left on the car by Sunday!
Old 02-12-2002, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
My Lanka has arrived (seems damn quick service!!) but the Britsih weather cut me a crual break and decided to start lashing down about half a mile from home so I won't be trying it tonight.
Got mine today too! What a smell! Just opening up the padded envelope gave me a high
Old 02-12-2002, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by PWE 896
Got mine today too! What a smell! Just opening up the padded envelope gave me a high

Mine arrived last night.... whew, you are right, what a high.... I may order some more

Hoping to get a chance to give the little miracle worker a run for its money at the weekend....
Old 02-12-2002, 11:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Other than the apparently considerable potential for solvent abuse, I would be very interested to hear how this stuff performs chaps. Please post back once you have given it a go (if you are still capable )
Old 02-13-2002, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by ianl
Other than the apparently considerable potential for solvent abuse, I would be very interested to hear how this stuff performs chaps. Please post back once you have given it a go (if you are still capable )
Well I gave it a try last night and I must say it is very Ronseal - it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I touched in the chip, waited the recommended 90 minutes and with the help of a bit of an old cotton T-shirt buffed down the "blob" in about 30 seconds. Piece of cake!

One major snag though guys! It is only as good an end result as the paint match - solid colours should be practically invisible but we all know how Silverstone changes colour in different lights yes? Well touching it up is an obvious nightmare. I've had another go this morning and mixed the paint very vigorously for 3 minutes and then kind of agitated it again around the rim of the container to mix it up to a brighter silver colour. Hopefully this will look a bit better, it seemed a closer match when applied to the car.

In summary then, I'd give it about 7/10 for result, 9/10 for ease of application.

PS don't waste your money on the Auto Sharp touch up pen, its sh!te!
Old 02-13-2002, 10:56 PM

Tif,

I might be paying you a visit soon as mine took yet another machine gun attack from the gritters on the M6 this mornig , god I hate those things, particuarly on the motorway when hits hitting you at about 100MPH!!!!

BTW got my Elvington Dent repaired by Dent Devils, they did a very good job but cost

Quick Reply: Stone chips / paint nicks