UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Stolen to order

Old 06-16-2005, 03:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluenomad,Jun 16 2005, 12:42 PM
on subject of cloning, I'm about to buy an s from a guy on here, but hpi tell me there is o/s finance on the vin with honda finance. Honda finance says the vin tells them the finance is a different plate, owner and address. They may have the vin wrongly inputted on their system, which they are checking. Or conceivably but rather unlikely it could have been cloned? Anyone seen anything like this with hpi or honda finance? Honda finance says they (HF) do make mistakes fairly frequently...
get it checked again by another company. speak with the owner and satisfy yourself 100%
Old 06-16-2005, 03:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...get it checked again by another company. speak with the owner and satisfy yourself 100% ...

the vin is registered at honda finance as having o/s finance so this should register on any decent check. Honda finance need to resolve it then it'll ripple through to hpi, who are also chasing honda finance to sort it out.

the owner is a very decent guy and I seriously doubt there is anything amiss other than some keyboard monkey putting the wrong numbers in.

So if they sort it out I will still pick up my first s tonite else it'll have to wait
Old 06-16-2005, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re recovering your car - the M3 that was stolen from my friend, although it didn't have a tracker on it was recovered eventually. The recovery people towed it backwards out across a rutted field, with the DSG(?? BMW paddle shift thing) locked in first gear.

He didn't want that back !!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:34 AM

You can't get 4 or 5 tooled up chavs in an S2k complete with fags/booze/tvs/gear and out run the rozzers.
Thank god.

I seem to remember the Impreza being voted getaway car of the year sometime back...
Old 06-16-2005, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by rpd,Jun 16 2005, 03:26 AM
Here's the funny part told Tesco that I was going to get one fitted to the S and they said that it would not reduce my premium - WTF?
Same with Admiral...

Also when we switched our insurance from parking on the street (where bangs happen all the time due to narrowness of street) to a locked yard they didn't offer a discount either
Old 06-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Xd

Yup after much moaning got offered a good will
Old 06-17-2005, 01:16 AM

You got me worried with that thread title then Lee...

I've enjoyed keeping an eye on my ex, and I thought you were about to say she'd been pinched

Old 06-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Xd

Originally Posted by SlicksAgain,Jun 17 2005, 09:16 AM
You got me worried with that thread title then Lee...

I've enjoyed keeping an eye on my ex, and I thought you were about to say she'd been pinched

Lurker

How you doing?

The car has changed a little, running it on Redline, set of Mugen lungs and keeping polished using Poorboys & P21. Pop over to MK sometime if you like and take you for a drive Ian?
Old 06-17-2005, 02:25 AM

Lurker
Always!!

How you doing?
Pretty good... missing the S though

The car has changed a little, running it on Redline, set of Mugen lungs and keeping polished using Poorboys & P21. Pop over to MK sometime if you like and take you for a drive Ian?
That would be

I'll have to come down to the next MK meet - as long as people don't mind an old Audi 80 turning up to an S meet
Old 06-17-2005, 07:34 AM

Tango, I try not to worry about it because I could as easily slip and break my neck tomorrow but I will say this: Owning an Imola Orange S2000 is something of a risk cause if some drug lord decides he want one he'll pretty much be having mines or yours At this point, I'd say that I never wash mines, run her on cooking oil an kerb the wheels Seriously though, if someone takes to wanting an IO S2000 then we are f*cked! Me especially given that I know of no other IO in Edinburgh and probably only a handful in scotland.

Life it too short though

Quick Reply: Stolen to order