UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Stolen to order

Old 06-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen to order

Just remembering a conversation I had with my beloved Father-In-Law a couple of years ago that got me thinking. He was determined that I should get a tracker unit and keep the car garaged as this is a desirable car and they are stolen to order. TBH he has never been happy with me owning a car such as this, its too much money for a vehicle that gets you from A to B.

FFS it
Old 06-16-2005, 02:55 AM

But the more desirable the car the harder it is to shift and the harder it is to disguise. I'd suggest that the popularity of the S2000 makes it an ideal target for theft to order or theft for sale. It'll be easy to ring and easy to hide away in the other dozen adverts...
Old 06-16-2005, 03:05 AM

It
Old 06-16-2005, 03:09 AM

People steal all sorts of cars to order - my friends M3 was stolen like this (broke into the house at night and took the keys), as was my other friends Alpina. One a fairly rare car, the other a fairly common car around here.

I don't think the rareity or non-rareity of a car makes any difference.

Another friend (wife of the guy whose M3 was stolen) had an attempted car jacking for hyer 330 Estate, and another friend has had 2 attempted car jackings for her R32 Golf!!!!

Oh yes, add to that the other friend of mine who was beaten up badly (8 stitches to his face) 2 Sundays ago for his Boxster.

Those incidents are all in different places; Windsor, Hazlemere, Wycombe and Richmond.

What is happening to the world!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 03:09 AM
Xd

Having it parked on your drive IS an advert that you have the keys.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:26 AM
rpd

I had a car stolen, they broke into the house and got the spare keys came back after the police left and pinched the car - Golf 1.8T. Common car but to them they don't care.

Was toying with the issue of a tracker when I got the S3 but then do I want my car back after some little punk has ragged the nuts off it???? The one to have is where you can cut the engine with your mobile phone when they stop - but last time I looked it was muchos $$$$$'s.

Here's the funny part told Tesco that I was going to get one fitted to the S and they said that it would not reduce my premium - WTF?
Old 06-16-2005, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the breakers where your last car went to have peopel coming in daliy asking to take the tags off all sorts of cars, including the S's all were off when i was there, cars are smashed up and alot of people don thave insurance so the thing they do is clone a car easest way to do it ? steal one and then clone off the parts they have ready.

every car is a target as its quick money. i would get a tracker fitted but i feel its not required just yet, car is pretty safe at night i have cctv which is recording all night i have enough lights on the front of my house to see everything clear as day and i park a bloody big van in the way of the drive every night.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:42 AM

[QUOTE=Tango
Old 06-16-2005, 03:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on subject of cloning, I'm about to buy an s from a guy on here, but hpi tell me there is o/s finance on the vin with honda finance. Honda finance says the vin tells them the finance is a different plate, owner and address. They may have the vin wrongly inputted on their system, which they are checking. Or conceivably but rather unlikely it could have been cloned? Anyone seen anything like this with hpi or honda finance? Honda finance says they (HF) do make mistakes fairly frequently...
Old 06-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Banned

If people are being robbed at gunpoint in their beds for their Impreza keys, the same can happen with an S2000.

Quick Reply: Stolen to order