UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Stage 2 clutch kit. Which make?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 2 clutch kit. Which make?

Im looking at getting a stage 2 clutch to fit ready for supercharging. Ive been googling lots and alot of the topics are out dated.

For instance people seem to warn people off ACT clutches as there prone to cause crankwalk? is this still the case or have they fixed the problem that was causing it?

So basicly i just need abit of info on which clutch is the best togo for. budget is up no more then £500 ideally.

Cheers in advance.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 AM

I am in exactly the same situation mate!

I have decided to go with a competition stage 2 kit, which is £377 inc vat and they have stock.
I spoke to the women on the phone and she seems to think their clutch kit comes with the release bearing too! Which im sure is worth over £100+.
Once i get confirmation in writing this comes with the kit, i will be placing my order!

I did look into the ACT plate, but apparently they are on back order for a few weeks in the US.

another good option would be the Science of speed clutch kit, however after adding the release bearing and flywheel, this works out slightly out my price range ( maybe within yours though)

thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 02:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a competition clutch stage 2 when my car was supercharged and found it felt just like oem.I only run it for around 1000 miles but it held the power no problem.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 AM

Thanks for the use full feedback Mr-pitts, definitely good to get a second opinion! Sounds like it's exactly what im after!
Did your kit come with the release bearing?
cheers
Old 08-01-2013, 04:30 AM

I'm ACT and no problems here and also read the crank walk threads you have found also, but after lots of reading it seems it was just a suspicion if I recall. If doing again I'd probably just fit their pressure plate with an OEM plate, but like I say no problems with mine.

I read a few threads about competition clutches destroying themselves. I know Matt broke his, but I think he was testing launch control or something like that
Old 08-01-2013, 06:51 AM

is that the ac competition clutch you speak of? £375 with everything on ebay. Got it in my watch list.

ive looked into the science of speed one. shame you have to get them from the states so il get stung on customs :-(

ive already got the flywheel just trying to figure out which clutch is the one people use most and so far its the competition clutch.

any one else?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 AM

I've this one, this one comes with the bearing but hear its just as good, if not better, to get a Honda bearing:

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...e00000446.html
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ellzy
Thanks for the use full feedback Mr-pitts, definitely good to get a second opinion! Sounds like it's exactly what im after!
Did your kit come with the release bearing?
cheers
The CC stage 2 comes with everything you need apart from the flywheel, plus you get a locationing tool which makes sure the plate is lined up.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got a act full kit hdss kit, pressure plate and disc etc feels almost stock I just hope it copes with the immense torque I'll be putting down!

Can't be arsed with a twin disc or 4/6 puck clutch, they make the car bad to drive and a pita.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:16 AM

I have just recently had a stage 2 competition clutch fitted, and it feels just like OEM.

I paid £345 plus fitting £££££££

Quick Reply: Stage 2 clutch kit. Which make?