UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Spun The S :(

Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spun The S :(

Driving home from work, went round a bend 30-40mph, lost the back end and ended driving up the embankment, hitting the kerb on the way up it. Lucky it had been raining alot as the ground was nice and soft so didnt kill the bumper.

I scratched the front/underside of the front bumper and scouped up alot of mud. Knocked off chunks of paint so its down to the black plastic. The bumper cracked at a couple of the bolt holes, nothing visible from the front, but remained firmly fixed to the car.

Reversed back down the embankment and drove her home. Car seemed fine at motorway speeds on the way home but I'm not sure what I would be looking for.

Is it worth getting the geometry checked out? What else should I get looked at?

Tried to take it to my local National to get it up on the ramps and have a look under but there's weren't the flat kind so I would have caught the bumper trying to get it on the ramp Didn't want that.

As for the paint job, looks like the entire bumper will need sprayed. Don't think I will need a new one. This will fix the hundereds of little stone chips its picked up over the years.

The car is New Imora Orange Pearl. Is there anything I should know or ask the spray shop when I take it for a quote. Never delt with car spraying before but I've read a few threads on here where members have had bad experiences with paint shops e.g. wrong number of coats, not matching the pearlescent finish and paint falling of the rubber bumper.

Thanks in advance guys.

Driver error strikes again
Old 01-22-2007, 03:07 PM

My baby, my baby, my baby
Old 01-22-2007, 03:10 PM
hyb

Deffo worth getting the Geo checked out. Whoever does that for you should be able / let you take a look at it under a ramp to see if anything looks dodgy. Doh!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:11 PM

The bumper cracked at a couple of the bolt holes
Those were already cracked from when I clipped the kerb of a roundabout on my second drift pass The scrape needed a little filler and paint - see dodgy mobile pic. If the marks are out of site I'd not bother fixing it so long as everything is secure. You need to get wheels/suspension/geometry checked though. Oh, and your pants too

Old 01-22-2007, 03:15 PM

As for the paint job, looks like the entire bumper will need sprayed. Don't think I will need a new one. This will fix the hundereds of little stone chips its picked up over the years.
This is actually a good opportunity to put right that slight mismatch in paint on the driverside bumper/wing. Point it out to them in different lights and get them to assure you they can blend it better. Check the car thoroughly from different angles before accepting it. I was told that to get a perfect match you need a pearlescent additive from Honda so I insisted that the company doing the lower bumper part got it - the match they did was absolutely perfect.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by russellhq,Jan 23 2007, 12:02 AM
The car is New Imora Orange Pearl.
"imola"

the best of us can spin an S. ahem

after i spun mine and had the wheels upgraded to the 17" 04+ wheels i found the car a LOT more stable. i'd recommend you do that if you can.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 PM

....but then billy bottled it some more and went 4WD
Old 01-22-2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy,Jan 23 2007, 12:23 AM
....but then billy bottled it some more and went 4WD
it's more suited to the scottish climate!

anyway, you can talk
Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 PM

LOL true - last night I was pushing it round a roundabout and floored it looking to try and break the rear away. Understeer, understeer, understeer.....yawn!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 PM

After reading all these posts the first thing I'm doing is getting 17" upgrade lol.

Quick Reply: Spun The S :(