UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

SPOTTED: S2000 Sightings X

Old 07-05-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read s with hardtop still on. At Marshmills roundabout vtec'ed it past me ha
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jai's-s2k
Read s with hardtop still on. At Marshmills roundabout vtec'ed it past me ha
Woo-hoo!! First spot!! Yours looked very clean. Normally keep my hardtop in my spare room, but it's being decorated at the mo. Really missed the roof down action today!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Blue pre face lift with small front number plate yesterday (Monday) in Crewe at about 7.45pm, big roundabout off the Sandbach bypass, had the roof up!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Monkeybone in "Worst use of anything to defend ones case, anywhere"

One of your supporting quotes actually states that the AP2 designation was never applied in the UK

Anyway, spotteds:
Ladyboy Blue, geneltman and his ladyfriend in Welwyn Garden City, just heading into the tunnel by the station on Sunday morning.

I was off to John Lewis to look at curtains. Oh goody.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:12 AM

While road-tripping in Scotland spotted a very nice white S2k with the top down on the road between Fort Augustus and Fort William, on Saturday afternoon. He flashed, I raised my hand in a wave. Hope you saw it!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by keith2.2
Monkeybone in "Worst use of anything to defend ones case, anywhere"

One of your supporting quotes actually states that the AP2 designation was never applied in the UK
I had already commented on that myself... Wikipedia got it wrong, claiming AP2 was the chassis number, whereas actually AP refers to the chassis and 2 refers to the engine. I just read it and thought it was true. D'oh.

Wikipedia, you have made a fool of me for the last time! I hope your dogs contract rabies, your milk turns sour and your stool is hard and causes splashback, Wikipeople!! A pox on your houses!!!!*

From now on I shall call facelift model cars "FL" to avoid further confusion and ridicule (mainly because I can't be bothered to type facelift).

(*Please note, the above abuse is aimed at Wikipedia, not anybody from this site.)
Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Moonrock

Going North up Blackpool Prom wave exchanged..

Thanks Wayne
Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 PM

Black one on Worksop Road in Sheffield yesterday just after 4pm - top down . Smiled but no response - didn't get a chance to flash or wave as was stuck behind a lorry in standing traffic so didn't see him until the last minute!

And, forgot to report - black one on Wood Street, Swinton, last Friday morning. Didn't see driver or plate as it was pretty much past me before I noticed! Apparently there's another nurby blue one that lives near me too, but haven't seen it yet.

Also - carded a bloke in a porsche who stopped to pick up a take-away then came over for a chat & to offer me a tonneau cover (!) while I washing the S; he used to have one and his son does currently so described the features and benefits of S2KI and S2KUK! He looked bemused...
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Monkeybone
I had already commented on that myself... Wikipedia got it wrong, claiming AP2 was the chassis number, whereas actually AP refers to the chassis and 2 refers to the engine. I just read it and thought it was true. D'oh.

Wikipedia, you have made a fool of me for the last time! I hope your dogs contract rabies, your milk turns sour and your stool is hard and causes splashback, Wikipeople!! A pox on your houses!!!!*

From now on I shall call facelift model cars "FL" to avoid further confusion and ridicule (mainly because I can't be bothered to type facelift).

(*Please note, the above abuse is aimed at Wikipedia, not anybody from this site.)
Hahaha! wiki really does suck!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by simonix
Originally Posted by Monkeybone' timestamp='1309944131' post='20750682

Hahaha! wiki really does suck!!
It can be handy for little nuggets of info, but I wouldn't copy my homework from it...

Quick Reply: SPOTTED: S2000 Sightings X