UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Spoon-type CAI arrived!

Old 02-03-2004, 10:18 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Spoon-type CAI arrived!

It turned up at Parcelfarce in a big box. So after they relieved me of
Old 02-03-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Tonky managed it when he fitted mine for me, by the simple expedient of chiselling off all of the popper-things which hold it in place! I know other people have just cut a hole of the requisite size to allow the intake to go through.

2. Depends who you're with - Tesco didn't charge me when I added my Aus AIE, once I reassured them that there were no bhp gains, and certainly not over the 5% increase threshold which seems to trigger big premium hikes.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by Nick Graves
1. Has anyone found a way of removing the air duct shroud without removing the front bumper, or do I lop half of it off in situ?
Nick, are you talking about the plastic aircon cover ( the bit around the bonnet latch) - if so, I can help with directions, moral support, or probably help you remove it in exchange for a It's fairly easy to remove, but more difficult to replace - the trick is getting new clips.

2. Another thread got me thinking, is this likely to have an absurd effect on insurance premiums or not?
Depends on insurer - go for the zero increase in hp line though - most likely you'll pay something.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The air guide can be removed and replaced without removing the bumper. The tricky bit is releasing some of the clips if you don't have small enough hands. I didn't have any real trouble removing and re-fitting mine with the modification for the Mugen CAI. But I do have small hands - a advantage in some jobs like this.

-Brian.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:40 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Mark,

I'm with Tesco's too, so I'll go for that approach. It seemed the most sensible scenario, but this is the only time "sensible" and "insurance policy" have appeared in the same sentence.

Brian/Chris,

I do have small hands, I have just never located the clips that (must) anchor the leading edge to the bumper frame.

Guess I might yet take you up on that offer, Chris - especially as there's beer involved!

Anyway, thanks guys!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick Graves
I do have small hands, I have just never located the clips that (must) anchor the leading edge to the bumper frame.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've a spare air guide that's not on the car. If I've time tomorrow, I'll grab a picture - you can see where all the clips go then.

-Brian.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick Graves
It turned up at Parcelfarce in a big box. So after they relieved me of
Old 02-04-2004, 01:34 AM

Yeah, mine turned up at the Parcelforce depot yesterday. Annoyed to find I had to pay the
Old 02-04-2004, 02:26 AM

Or, you could cut a small section from the plastic cover with a stanley knife like I did. I understand that the replacement part from Honda is apporx

Quick Reply: Spoon-type CAI arrived!