UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Spoon N1 - its on and its goooooood

Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It did come with one - but mine was the race decat that had no hole in. Therefore I am truely stumped on what to do. The whole anti-foulers/O2 Sensor thing has gone over my head.

Ideally I want to put the pipe on as is and not have to drill it or change the ECU. Someone mentioned some O2 simulators, but not sure if these just clip onto the sensor or fit in a hole that I will have to drill....

Worse case, I will drill a hole, find the right size Nut (any advice on that would be great), weld that in, slot in the sensor and hey presto - I think... Not sure where or how anti foulers come into play and why they are needed though.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 AM

Set off any car alarms yet?

Any enclosed parking structure seems to work - just a light blip as you manouver
Old 08-07-2006, 09:05 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well you have a few options...

Explaination of the O2 thing. The primary sensor in the header adjusts your fuelling by responding with a voltage to the ECU. The second one detects if the 1st one is playing up (primary one cant fault find on its own) by similar means.

When you put a decat pipe in, the sensor appears to go too far into the pipe and picks up too strong a reading and sets of a CEL on your dash. There are 2 ways to fix this... 1st is mechanically by putting a spacer pipe into the decat, then screwing the secondary lambda into that to take it out the exhaust flow a bit.

Second way is an electronic signal which manipuletes the signal from the sensor to the ECu to make it read within a normal parameter.

With regards your pipe, im not sure if its the same dimensions as other decat pipes (think it might be as ive seen people sell them and the zorst separate) So you could sell it and buy a Megan one or similar, that has a labmda hole in it.

Second option is as you say, to weld a boss on and drill / tap it.

Last one is ignore it I ran a decat pipe with no anti fowlers in for about 3 months and just lived with the CEL on. Checked it every now and then to see if there were any other codes though

MB
Old 08-07-2006, 11:49 PM

If I fit the pipe without drilling, I will have to somehow secure the second sensor to the car (with tape/cable ties) rather than have it hanging down. Its something I will think about as I want to eliminate any drone and also use the exhaust as it was intended.

Not set of any car alarms yet, but just parked in a multistorey for the first time. It was empty when I went in, but I'm looking forward to some mischief this afternoon
Old 08-08-2006, 01:05 AM

Does anyone have a sound clip of a standard exhaust with a decat in?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by vtidan,Aug 8 2006, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have a sound clip of a standard exhaust with a decat in?
I'd like to hear this too. I have a T1R decat ready to go on my otherwise stock exhaust
Old 08-08-2006, 03:26 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I have a clip of my car on a RR with the decat and the N1 on. If anyone wants it.....
Old 08-08-2006, 04:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The stock exhaust apparently sounds a bit "strange" when decatted. I have a T1R test pipe which I chose to keep when I sold the exhaust to Saxoboy. I'm waiting to fit it to a replacement aftermarket exhaust when I come across the right opportunity (Fujitsubo dual being the most likely purchase).
Old 08-08-2006, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by integraSi,Aug 8 2006, 03:26 AM
I have a clip of my car on a RR with the decat and the N1 on. If anyone wants it.....
yes please
Old 08-08-2006, 06:31 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Ok heres a few windows media player clips I have posted before.

(This is my old DC2 - the day was featured in the first edition of japtuner! Right Click & Save As - Tis 12mb tho but worth it!

Right Click & Save As - Heres my old ITR on track with a DC sports system - it was black flagged 3 times during the day - the Spoon system is louder!

[EDIT] I linked the wrong mpeg[/EDIT!!]

Quick Reply: Spoon N1 - its on and its goooooood