UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Speed: the controversial issue. Want your opinions...

Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Petition the government!!!

Change the laws!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 07:15 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC there is a minimum speed roadsign, blue circle with minimum speed in white letters, but I have never ever seen one except in Highway code

Old 06-08-2004, 07:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tonky
Old 06-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Ade

Hmmm. So if you're a milk float proceeding at 15mph or a horse rider moving at 4mph, or tractor moving at 8mph you're not likely to get prosecuted - unless you're on the motorway.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:04 AM

i think that drivers of S2000's and similar sports cars are generally pretty good drivers - i've done the Honda MAC course and i've also done many track days. i guess i consider myself to be a "good" driver.

i do speed - but not in a crazy way - i guess i, like many others here, have my own moral speed-guidelines that i adhere to - for right or wrong.

i think that speed limits on a lot of roads are out of touch with todays modern cars and their handling/braking capabilities - but then again i'm no expert so this is just my uninformed opinion.

what really annoys me though is the general standard of speeding and bad driving on the roads. i really think that something should be done - maybe along teh lines of a driving test every 5/10 years or something - possibly coupled with an IQ test because some of the attempts at driving you see on the roads must be done by folk who are not playing with a full deck.

eg. two days ago i'm making my way home (30 zone) and i can see a guy weaving about a few cars behond me in a blue R32. he undertakes a few cars and pulls in behind me. then at the next set of lights he undertakes me and three other cars (when the lights go green) and drives up a bus lane past around 6 or 7 other cars - he must have accelerated to at least 60 during this manouver.

you see crazy stuff like this almost evry day on teh roads and you just wonder whether these peopel will ever get caught out - do they drive like this all the time?

just really depresses me cause i try to be a good driver and loads of other folk don't seem to give a fu...
Old 06-08-2004, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by Ade
Hmmm. So if you're a milk float proceeding at 15mph or a horse rider moving at 4mph, or tractor moving at 8mph you're not likely to get prosecuted - unless you're on the motorway.
Always assuming of course that the offending vehicle/ critter is capable of going any quicker!

It's very prevalent out in the sticks in 60 limits - some numpty driving at 40 mph with a queue of traffic stretching back behind him and it's extremely annoying as I'm sure you're aware. They do tend to just get spoken to though in the main.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by billy_i_vtec

just really depresses me cause i try to be a good driver and loads of other folk don't seem to give a fu...
Mate - I hear Ya!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 09:38 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tonky
Old 06-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Ade

Originally posted by Tonky ....driving at 40 mph with a queue of traffic stretching back behind him and it's extremely annoying as I'm sure you're aware. They do tend to just get spoken to though in the main.
Ok. You've convinced me, Tonky. I'll stop doing it.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ade

Quick Reply: Speed: the controversial issue. Want your opinions...