UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

SPA Yellow or Silverstone Sir ?

Old 02-19-2004, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the car through BIMTA, they will then do a Japanese version of a HPI to check if the car was clocked / written off/ stolen etc but in Japan.

cheers

moff
Old 02-19-2004, 12:45 AM

Originally posted by malbon
KPH to MPH
That's a tough job on the S2000
Old 02-19-2004, 01:22 AM

As far as I know Indy and Spa are the same...I originally wanted silverstone and nearly didn't' even look at the yellow, but glad I did as it really looks good on the S. (As well as the fact I got the deal of the century )

The best part is no one ever pulls out in front of you

Good luck in your search
Old 02-19-2004, 02:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Richieh
That's a tough job on the S2000
It is on JDM cars.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the replies. Im a little clearer now but still not sure where its spa or indy ??

mole...thanks for the notts tip - ill have a look

Steven M - What did you mean by the last comment. Is it not a simple switchover ?
Old 02-19-2004, 11:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

On UK cars you can change from mph to kph using a button on the dash but the JDM cars either don't have the button or it doesn't change the readout in the same way.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC Rob M had his changed, he also has the button on his dash, but it doesn't do anything, except keep the button next to it company.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it's got an MOT (it should have)..then all your legal stuff should be covered...

also check radio -- since frequency of JDM is different - normally people change these easily with some expander or just simply have new ICE system.

there are some additional differences..for example JDM's don't have the plastic aero parts underneath the front bumper and also under the back axle area. I have no idea why they are not included on the JDM..(if they do something useful)...my only assumption was that they come into play at speeds above 110mph. They are not so expensive.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:33 AM

Indy and spa are the same... Indy Spa yellow, being the indy race at spa as far as I can tell...

It's just in the UK they decided to drop the word spa from the name, probably didn't fit the brochure

At least that's what I hope, as my number plate has SPA in it - uh oh, please no one tell me I've got it wrong !!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:50 AM

Got one !!!

I don't hang around. Got he SPA INDY PEARLY whatever you call it as i predicted.

2000 X 20k miles on. JDM Import with service history/new continental tyres, K and N Cone (it looks like), wind deflector and above all in excellent condition.

Drove 250 miles to get it - but well worth it IMHO.

Its dark now so will have to wait till tomorrow to play.

Neil - Thanks for the PM s

Couple of questions

1. The tyres feel a little over inflated and on the m way was veering to the left a little - whats the psi ? - and is it worth having a laser alligning/geo done ?

2. Getting a bit of windnoise at 90 MPH near the sun visor. My friends car doesnt do this - any advice.

3. After market stereo fitted- honda remotes don't work with it. I'm probably gonna get rid of it anyway cos its pap - for a mp3 player - recommendations on what to get/what will work with controls/ - or have to get changer ?

Thats it for now. Thanks for reading.

PS Looks and sounds fabulous - tho that fuel guage is going down a little faster than my elise's

Easy boy.

Quick Reply: SPA Yellow or Silverstone Sir ?