UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Spa trip 2010

Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Spa trip 2010

A superb trip, and good to see Lovegroova, Dembo, Starlight (guest starring in the Cayman S ) and Highside again

The weather held out despite a damp monday morning, and there were quite a few crashes, (a lot more than normal) but that aside it was another top Bookatrack day.

All the S2000's seemed to be doing well, even Simon's alternator issue was a 20p fix in the end

A lot of interest in the S2000, and it good to see that much interest given the other machinery there. I gave quite a few passenger laps and I think everyone was very surprised at what the little Honda could do and I think we got past some decent cars.

I was really interested to see how mine would perform compared to the Exige S which I had last year, and I was pretty amazed after looking at the video footage

I think the sticky tyres and geo are the key, the extra power doesn't do too much, but doesn't hurt

I'm sure the other guys will post up pics and vids too (I believe Simon will have some extra fancy editing ) but here's some of mine.

(watch in HD)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkUGOS0B2no [/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbThnol_DJQ [/media]

I now need new front pads after 3 trackdays, and the car needs a hug

The last 3 days i've done with BaT have been amazing. Combe, Ring, Spa.... Roll on Rockingham on the 18th.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:30 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work Mark.

It looks very flat in the corners, have you uprated the anti toll bars at all ?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great footage! This has tempted me for next year. Might have to save the pennies!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great vid. Car looks very planted. Loved the red beetle you over took with the rather large spoiler
Old 08-04-2010, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do like the way you keep reminding yourself to have a loose grip on the wheel. Finger and thumb for most of it but I did see some white knuckles mid corner.

Any chance of an early passenger lap at Rockingham before I make my debut?

Noticed that the light is still flashing. is it only for temperature or does it signify anything else.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tell Johnny he's way too slow for all those bolt-ons.

Comet my arse

Amazing how a couple mph more through Eau Rouge translates to about 10mph at the end of Kemmel isnt it?
And even 2mph over a quarter mile is a significant gap...
Old 08-04-2010, 02:55 AM
MB

Thanks chaps.

Lee, I just have the Tein monoflex and braces in my signature. I think I have some rear bushes to cancel the RWS but that's it. If I go furtehr with the car, it would be ARB and some aero stuff as the rear does move a bit.

The work CG have done on the car is just superb. I was driving at 130 on the motorways and let go of the wheel, and it does not move at all, totally still. The handling of the car is superb and i've got a lot more confident in sliding it around now. The fact i'm as quick as the Exige speaks volumes. I suspect in the right hands the Lotus would be quicker but the S now just inspires confidence. Money well spent at CG

Clive, no probs re a passenger lap, just give me a shout. There are a few white knucles, but sweaty hands and massive g means it's pretty essential I wouldn't mind an alcantara wheel! The flashing light (coolant temp alarm) was much less, and on day 2 I think it was gone (bit cooler outside) so the oil cooler is working. My coolant temp was much lower than at the Ring too. My radiator is pretty messed up though so I will be replacing it soon to help with coolant / engine temps. I think that alarm is set too low though.

Just added a second vid - prob not much quicker but some more cars to see Think there's a Ferrari scalp in there somewhere...
Old 08-04-2010, 02:56 AM
MB

Steve, he was quite upset about being passed in the S I think a few of the Exiges were a bit puzzled

Yep Eau Rouge exit really does dictate your speed at the end of the straight. I think I saw 130.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks like a trip to be had.....
Old 08-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very slick.

Hopefully, I'll come along to Spa next year if I still have the S.

I agree with what you say on the tyres and geo being key. Upgraded brakes are also essential if you're hard on the brakes like I am.

Tyres and upgraded brakes are on my to-do list before Rockingham.

Quick Reply: Spa trip 2010