UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

someone just f*(king hit me!

Old 02-13-2009, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Feb 12 2009, 06:42 PM

Great, force up everyone else's premiums. Classy behaviour that.
Also has the audacity to slag off NU.

Twat
Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Feb 12 2009, 06:42 PM

Great, force up everyone else's premiums. Classy behaviour that.
wind your neck in

Are you in the medical profession? Do you realise that whiplash can come on months later, and insurence companys only give a limited time to claim it. Do your research before comenting. I once thought like you and was too proud/ignorant to claim, now I cant get a penny.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:13 AM

well ive currently booked the car in as of tomrow .. garage is 30 miles away!!! so thats annoying... BUT the stupid company have not confirmed a hire car... so may have to wait till NEXT weekend to get the dam thing booked in... ive called them 3 times andthey are ' to busy ' to talk to me or arange it as they are trying to clear the backlog of work.... helpfull!!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:30 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by MC_BLADE,Feb 13 2009, 03:04 PM
wind your neck in

Are you in the medical profession? Do you realise that whiplash can come on months later, and insurence companys only give a limited time to claim it. Do your research before comenting. I once thought like you and was too proud/ignorant to claim, now I cant get a penny.

If you'd written "get checked for whiplash" I'd have agreed but to simply claim for something that may or may not occur is immoral IMO.

There's no need to be so aggressive.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 AM

well im fine , dont worry and im not after anything im not due.. but im very annoyed this has already taken prob 2 / 3 hours of my time to sort out.. ive still not got a hire car arranged ! and to cap that off someone from teh womans insurance just called me direct to ask me for my insurance details and that i had agreed it was my fault!!! they were politely told i was given no details of anything over the phone to someone who had called me out of the blue and the lady who hit me had my details and would need to deal with my insurance company... are they allowed to call me ??!!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Feb 13 2009, 03:30 PM
If you'd written "get checked for whiplash" I'd have agreed but to simply claim for something that may or may not occur is immoral IMO.

There's no need to be so aggressive.
Who's being aggressive? Just telling you like it is, you made and insulting comment and took the moral high ground, life is not always that simple and strait forward. Whiplash checks do not exist problems can arise up to 9 months later, by then its too late.

I have never claimed for whiplash, its not about being morally correct its about if you could support yourself should you come into problems, if you are financially sound in the event you were unable to work fair enough some don
Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 AM
UK Moderator

Tom, if she has said it's your fault, then things just got complicated. Do not have any work done on your car or arrange a hire car as you or your insurer might end up paying. Call her insurer back of you can and refer them to your legal expenses people/insurer.

Wait for confirmation of who is to blame before committing to any expenditure.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 AM

i asked them to call my insurer as i did not think i should be dealing with it or to give information over the phone to someone that called me - pointed ou that they could be anyone !

checked that before booking the car in , they said that myself / my insurance is not liable for costs of hire car and they would not move forward if i was clearly not my fault, car is booked in tomorow for an estimate so guess just got to wait for the phone to ring ! ive got no chance of getting a hire car sorted by the morning now so will have to just drive down for estimate then come home and wait for insurnace to get the ball rolling etc, just such a pain in the bum !
Old 02-13-2009, 06:58 AM
UK Moderator

[QUOTE=MC_BLADE,Feb 13 2009, 03:42 PM] Who's being aggressive? Just telling you like it is, you made and insulting comment and took the moral high ground, life is not always that simple and strait forward. Whiplash checks do not exist problems can arise up to 9 months later, by then its too late.

I have never claimed for whiplash, its not about being morally correct its about if you could support yourself should you come into problems, if you are financially sound in the event you were unable to work fair enough some don
Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 AM

hey peeps play nice - thanks for your comments on whip lash - my back is fooked anyway from mountain biking... and a small bump was not bad enough - its nice you all care though , i must admit the one thing i am over all this is stressed !!! luckly i do have use of a 2nd car but ive wasted loads of time - and now ive got to drive a 50 mile round trip to get the car looked at - before any work takes place

Quick Reply: someone just f*(king hit me!