UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

someone just f*(king hit me!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree - definitely a lot clearer Lovegroova and explains things in a more factual manner rather than he said, she said.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by tomkbucks,Feb 11 2009, 07:18 PM
does it really need to be that simple ? never written a 'statment' before !
Yes - it still contains all the necessary information without waffle.

They basically need to know who was in what position and who did what which it's explained.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 AM

you should all know by know waffle im good at lol... so dont mention the weather at all??
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by tomkbucks,Feb 11 2009, 07:26 PM
you should all know by know waffle im good at lol... so dont mention the weather at all??
Wouldn't bother unless they send you a form and it specifically asks about the weather.

As said previously you sound like you are excusing her actions.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

No need. Ideally you want to make it look as if it's a straightforward rear-end shunt at a roundabout which is the most common type of "accident" IIRC.

If you argue that's what happened, you've more chance of a succesful claim.

Make sure you draw a good diagram (better than the one above please ) - it'll help enormously.

On another note, your legal expenses people are linked to a credit hure company. They will arrange a hire car for you on the basis that the cost of the hire car will be recovered from Mrs xxx insurer. Do not agree to this until you are sure that they will pay the claim. I'm guessing your car is still driveable so it shouldn't be a problem, but do not accept any repairs or car hire until fault is established and agreed with her insurers.

I know it's annoying driving around in a bashed car but patience is important here.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 AM

Sorry to hear this Tom but If she hit your rear quarter, then its definitely her fault. No way she can get out of this one.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 AM

yup last point is just what i thought... i dont want anything untill blame is sorted... - im crap at diagrams i thought id did a good job! anyway cheers for the support guys ( and girls)

ive just been out removed the light and zip'tied thebumper back up close to the brackets and clipped it back in to place....
Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Feb 11 2009, 07:40 PM
No need. Ideally you want to make it look as if it's a straightforward rear-end shunt at a roundabout which is the most common type of "accident" IIRC.

If you argue that's what happened, you've more chance of a succesful claim.

Make sure you draw a good diagram (better than the one above please ) - it'll help enormously.

On another note, your legal expenses people are linked to a credit hure company. They will arrange a hire car for you on the basis that the cost of the hire car will be recovered from Mrs xxx insurer. Do not agree to this until you are sure that they will pay the claim. I'm guessing your car is still driveable so it shouldn't be a problem, but do not accept any repairs or car hire until fault is established and agreed with her insurers.

I know it's annoying driving around in a bashed car but patience is important here.
good advice from lovegroova

I can hear her from here

"this bloke just stopped on a main road - it was his fault!"

it's the same sef-justification trotted out when people rear end others at roundabouts:

"why didn't s/he go? there was plenty of room"

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The short factual one is fine for the claim etc. might want to add that you were in the ahead only lane and could only have been going in that direction.

It's good to have and keep the full details for your own use. If you ever get to a more formal situation, you can use these personal notes. If anyone asks you about the exact detail on the day, you have all the details to hand. If they then ask why you are so certain you, say you wrote a full account x hours after the incident.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 AM

ugh again the 'young man' in the ' sports car' Cut infront of me going to fast.... can see what she is going to put...she also did not want to give me her address or phone number!!! why oh why does a woman nearly 60 care about a

Quick Reply: someone just f*(king hit me!