UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

someone just f*(king hit me!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

is she insured?

http://askmid.com/
Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its her fault how can you hit her!, did you take photos of her and yours?

Shes just trying to get out of it, put that stupid bint in her place.

Unlcuky about excess
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBolts,Feb 11 2009, 06:41 PM
Not uncommon for the other party to refuse liability until they've spoken to the insurance company.
Our insurance company tell all our drivers not to admit liability even if it's obvious - just hand over details.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:47 AM

not sure on cctv?? no time to take pictures i tried but highways agency van was around the corner and told us to move on - the guy said he did not see ithappen though... will write a proper statment up in a bit -yup that was garbled as im still angry! just been to look again its the below the light and around the side thats damaged ,the rear bumper and back of wing...
Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM

Sadly there is almost no moral integrity left in society, but instead a culture of self-gain and refusal to take responsibility for one's own actions. Leading by example, this attitude of greed and social indifference is passed down to future generations, the result of which we are starting to see in the streets, in our schools. Why must we feel suprised when someone does the right thing anymore?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM

ok hope this is clearer for my statment - any comments ?? i cant afford a clame

at 5.05 on the 11th Feb my Vehicle was hit by Mrs xxx

The rain was heavy and visibility was poor

I was about the join the roundabout on the a418 just outside oxford services. (im happy to provide pictures showing road markings and locations of my / her car) The roundabout has 2 lanes to filter on to it CLEARLY marked on the road for the direction of travel. The left lane for straight on traffic only and the right for the services only .I was in the left lane and was about to pull out on to the roundabout when i was hit by Mrs xxx from the right lane.

I was clearly in the correct lane going straight on , she came from the right hand lane and tried to cut in to my lane - she clearly mis judging my speed as i was almost stationary ( had not yet pulled on to the roundabout ) due to taking extra care in the weather conditions.

Traffic was heavy but no one stopped to help we had to move our vehicles quickly. Neither I nor Mrs xxx were Injured. She told me when she got out her vehicle ( silver yaris ) she ' hit me as she though i was turning left on to the M40 and she moved from her lane to go straight on " i need to point out you are not able to pull on to the m40 from this lane as there is a further filter lane further back along the road.

I then asked if she was admiting responsiblity she then claimed id hit her! i was in my own correct lane - and she had just pointed out she presumed i was going a different direction ( i was not indicating left ) so pulled in to me.

I offered her my details and the chance to sort this outside of insurance but she said ' thats what insurance is for they can sort out whos fault it is '

any comments from people ? oh just to point out was in her late 50's and clearly never made an insurance clame in her life...
Old 02-11-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by sneakfish,Feb 11 2009, 07:06 PM
Sadly there is almost no intelligence left in society....
Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 AM
UK Moderator

Received 306 Likes on 262 Posts

This would be a lot better I think. I've corrected your grammar and spelling, put things a bit more succinctly and removed a lot of unnecessary text.

At 17:05 on the 11th Feb my Vehicle was hit by Mrs xxx

Please see the enclosed/attached diagram.

I was about the join the roundabout on the A418 just outside Oxford Services. The roundabout has two filter lanes with appropriate markings. The left lane is for straight on traffic only and the right for the services only. I was in the left lane and was about to join the roundabout when Mrs xxx, veered from the right hand lane and drove into the rear of my car.

Due to heavy traffic, and following advice from Highways Agency personnel we moved our vehicles from the scene to exchange details.

I would like to pursue a claim against Mrs xxx for the damage caused to my car by her actions. Her details are as follows:

Name
Address
Insurance Co
Policy number
Registration plate
etc
Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove the comment about offering her the chance to settle outside of insurance, it makes it look as if you have something to hide.

I also wouldn't play on the weather too much either, it's almost as if you're giving her an alibi as the conditions were very bad with poor visibility.

Just keep it short and factual, keep your subjective opinion out of it, just state the facts.

EDIT: Lovegroova has just done a perfect job for you.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 AM

does it really need to be that simple ? never written a 'statment' before !

Quick Reply: someone just f*(king hit me!