UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

someone just f*(king hit me!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone just f*(king hit me!

grrrrrr on the way home from work , outside oxford services - lanes clearly marked Left ( straight on and left ) right ( turn right ) im just slowley pulling out of the left lane to join the roundabout as a car came around the roundabout so i had to stop (it was not indicating ) then this woman comming on to it pulls in from the right lane to go straight on - did not realise i was stopped and hits my back bumper / rear quarter... i was doing prob 1mph...she was doing about 15... she got out and said " you hit me !!! " and refused to admit fault... spoken to insurance company , without a witness im told that its not going to be easy to admit it wasnt my fault!! even though she hit my back rear quarter... and i was in my own lane... will post a picture!!

oh poo oh and ive got a
Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 AM

Sorry to hear noone stopped to witness it for you same thing happened to me.

I can't believe she had the cheeck to blame you even though she hit you. A photograph of where the cars were immediately following the accident will help.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How the feck can someone smack into the back of you and claim that you hit them ?

Unless of course you were reversing around the fecking roundabout.

People are just shit nowadays, modern life is crap, bring back black and white, film that is, not apartheid.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:26 AM

that wasw the arse could not take a picture as she a) moved quickly..b) highways agencys were around the corner and moved us on! without actually being anyhelp
Old 02-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Damned annoying.

If you weren't actually ON the roundabout & she drove into the rear of you, your legal protection might sort it out.

I say might; they are lazy w ankers who talk a good fight and bottle it at the last minute.

EDIT; seen the picture. They'll probably end up bleating & whimpering and going for 50/50 even though you were in the right, the c unts.

Sorry to hear it.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 AM

arse is its prob about the same amount of money to sort it than clame in which case to me....they put me though to some hire car team who would take the case for me and provide me with a car etc...but are looking in to it then will call me back tomorow...idealy if they agree its not my fault they will sort itand wont cost me anything...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 AM

Deal with insurance at work so speaking from experience if your rear bumper is damaged and so is the front of her car then it is more than likely that she will be held responsible.

We've had to settle ones when there haven't been witnesses because the damage speaks for itself.

Don't write this off immediately - her insurance company may well advise her that despite thinking she isn't at fault she is.

Good luck.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:38 AM

thanks made me feel better,only lucky thing is that its the corner of the car that had a bad repair on it anyway... so guess it will besorted properly now
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

She was after prewan's
Old 02-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that Tom, Get a good written description and all the details written down ASAP before you can forget anything. the one above reads a little garbled. Good clear maps and drwaings of the positions do help.

If you have legal protection keep on their backs don't let it go cold otherwise they'll take the easy 50/50.

Not uncommon for the other party to refuse liability until they've spoken to the insurance company.

If you're really keen you could try getting CCTV from the junction but that might be a lost cause.

Were the police called out or not?

Quick Reply: someone just f*(king hit me!