UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Someone hit my S no idea who

Old 07-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow

Unfortunately John, the public after hearing the same lines trotted out have run out of patience.

The only logical outcome long term is vigilantism - take a look at South Africa now.

Sad for sure, but we are well down that slippery slope already I fear.

I mentioned before in statements that the exact piece of road I was hit on has ANPR.
Part of the Bristol security initiative to target exactly these problems.

For some reason the data can't be used to place the vehicle at the scene.

And you probably wonder why we (the tax paying public) are fecking annoyed at the waste of our public money on crap like this?

Nothing makes much sense any more... Policing is becoming a 'Business' and thats the be all and end all.

Money.
From the honest citizen.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m1bjr,Jul 5 2009, 09:36 PM
Unfortunately John, the public after hearing the same lines trotted out have run out of patience.
I understand your frustration ..... I really do - I am just not able to comment here in a way you would appreciate without getting into a large amount of trouble..... which is frustrating .... I could sum it all up in one sentence .... but can't
Old 07-05-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I know John.
You have seen me about on here for a while now I would guess, so I hope you know I don't take or give anything personally.
In spite of my often acidic or 'witty' comments.

(I wouldn't have your job for the world.
I simply couldn't do it, at least not for long anyhow.)

These problems are massive, and won't be solved by the rank and file.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sorry to hear about this. It is heartbreaking and it makes you curse the society we live in.

Same happened to me at the turn of the year on a supermarket car park. Thankfully, a passer-by witnessed the incident and waited around to tell me.

I reported the driver but the police dropped it as soon as she admitted it. And they wonder why 'middle class crime' is on the up.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hope you get it sorted.....
Old 07-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by TRW,Jul 5 2009, 08:18 PM
Unlucky.

I had the same thing a while back, I put a poster up next to where the car was hit asking for information and to my suprise I actually got a call from someone who had seen a Hotpoint van reverse into my car.

Managed to get the reg number from the delivery note after going door to door and then chased them down from there.

Driver admitted responsibility once I threatened the company with legal action.

Got it paid out, but I was extremely lucky. Hope you have the same finding who did yours.
I like it, proper gum shoe
Old 07-05-2009, 11:46 PM
TRW

Originally Posted by OldDogmeat,Jul 6 2009, 08:01 AM
I like it, proper gum shoe
Its worth a try to see if you can turn anything up.

Still had all the usual hassles with getting the money out of their insurer. In the end I had to tell the insurer to either pay up or I was going to initiate a claim in court against their client, slammed the phone down and then I got a call back a short time later telling me they would pay out.

Its sad but in threating legal action against both the client (Hotpoint) initially and then again when the insurer wasnt playing ball it moved things on extremely quickly.

I will still never buy a hotpoint appliance ever again!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:47 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

TRW, good outcome in the end, a good and rare story unfortunately. I can't understand these ****s. Especially in a company van where you are covered. I'd just love to have a conversation with the person involved, and try and make them feel really low, but there's no helping some people.

I bet if you did a public poll on who would fess up if they bashed another car, it would be less than 20%.

Steve, been meaning to ask how your incident was going. Not well by the sounds of it. Amazing really.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:06 AM

This happened to an old Gti6 I had, came back and the rear quarter was crumpled and the boot was actually pierced.. I was absolutely fuming, no note...

Knocked on a few doors which were old dears and one said she heard a bang and saw a white lorry/van and thought he used the payphone at the bottom of the road - to be fair plod looked into the call log with BT from that payphone but came up with nothing..

Worst thing is, I rung the insurance company to find out what the next steps were - i.e. given there is no 3rd party to claim from how would it affect NCB etc... decided not to go through insurance and told them this only for them to say it will still be held on the claims database and I would have to disclose it as a 'No Claim' everytime I went for a quote - I have been paying extra on my insurance for the last 5yrs because of a phonecall to the insurance company that I never followed up...
Old 07-06-2009, 02:26 AM
TRW

I didnt mention anything to my insurance company, i think there is some kind of requirement to report it for 'information only' but i dont think i will bother, they will only put the premium up

Quick Reply: Someone hit my S no idea who