UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Someone did a hit and run on my S2000 :(

Old 08-11-2019, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone did a hit and run on my S2000 :(

Really hope this day would not come, but yet another day living in London where someone hits your car and then runs off without leaving a note... sigh. Fortunately it is parked just outside my flat.

I would really like some advice from you guys on my next steps, as this has never happened to me before. To me it looks really bad, I really hope not a write off? My insurance companies website is down at the moment and they aren't answering phones on a Sunday, so I can report it yet, but I have reported to the police. Aim to speak to the insurance company first thing tomorrow morning.

Any ideas what I should do

Really appreciate any help here.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:16 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,244 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Parked on the American side of the road?

-- Chuck
Old 08-11-2019, 05:18 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

All you can do really is contact your Insurance company. Does look quite bad but repairable though. Hope they don't write it off.
Maybe a neighbour has cctv!
Old 08-11-2019, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Sorry for your loss. Parked on the American side of the road?

-- Chuck
It's on the left-hand side of the road (British side). I took the photo from the back
Old 08-11-2019, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by tozerman
All you can do really is contact your Insurance company. Does look quite bad but repairable though. Hope they don't write it off.
Maybe a neighbour has cctv!
OK, that sounds a little promising.. thanks.

Have tried neighbours, but no-one is aware of it, or has CCTV
Old 08-11-2019, 07:10 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Replacement front wing, replacement door and then some repair work on the rear quarter panel. It looks bad but with second hand parts its salvageable. Thats assuming the rear wheel hasnt been pushed back from the force of the impact. If it has then thats a massive cost to replace all the various components
Old 08-11-2019, 07:11 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks... I don't think it will be totaled. New door, paint and body work etc. and should be OK.
It looks like it was hit from the front the way the door is peeled back. Ask around, someone must have
seen something as it must have made a fair amount of noise.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
Replacement front wing, replacement door and then some repair work on the rear quarter panel. It looks bad but with second hand parts its salvageable. Thats assuming the rear wheel hasnt been pushed back from the force of the impact. If it has then thats a massive cost to replace all the various components
Rear wheel doesn't look like it has been pushed back, thankfully. Agree with the replacement from wing, door and repair on the rear panel.

Do you have any idea how much that would be for either: a) 2nd hand parts, and b) if I took it to a Honda garage and they sourced the parts and labour for repair?
Old 08-11-2019, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by t's2000
That sucks... I don't think it will be totaled. New door, paint and body work etc. and should be OK.
It looks like it was hit from the front the way the door is peeled back. Ask around, someone must have
seen something as it must have made a fair amount of noise.
yep, definitely was hit from the front. very bizarre how the door is peeled back - never seen anything like it..

I have asked around but no-one knows shit
Old 08-11-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

That was not a gentle hit n run, how do people live with themselves? Hope the perpetrators next shit is a prickly pear, or two.

Quick Reply: Someone did a hit and run on my S2000 :(