UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Some wingnut drove into the back of me!

Old 10-30-2003, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet he was driving a BMW...
Old 10-30-2003, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is another story for you accident lovers.

Driving to Stanstead Airport at 4 am this morning. I was in the middle lane and the signs said slow 50mph. A white van overtakes me on the fast lane but while overtaking he cuts into the middle lane right into my car. He then goes back to the fast lane and accelerates as though nothing had happened.

I accelerate and beep my horn a few times, stick out my arm and indicate he should pull over to the hard shoulder. The little ers gets out and starts screaming at me for having a ing attitude! He claims he did not veer into my lane and nor did he feel hitting me. He is having a right ol' go and I am ready to knock his lights out. Instead decided to phone the police to come to the scene.

Bloody plod come along and ask us to exchange details. Even though I tell them about the accident. I informed them that the driver looked extremely tired, eyes all red and glazed over. You would think they would charge him with reckless or dangerous driving, right? Wrong!!! They claim they have no way to prove it and it is my word against his. I ask them to look into his eyes and tell me he wasn't tired. Nope, nothing doing. I give them a piece of my mind and go on my way.

Next time I am speeding and hauled over for it or charged I will go to court and plead not guilty to everything. We both could have been killed today. Very lucky to have survived.

Rant over.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i bet your neck hurts this morning mike, that whiplash is a bugger.

Worth a pay rise i reckon
Old 10-30-2003, 12:53 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally posted by rahula
Here is another story for you accident lovers.
Sounds nasty.

What can you do with people like this?

Sounds like you did everything right and you still end up with the short end of the stick.

Maybe a table of the source of examples of bad driving would be interesting?

My money would be on commercial vehicles near the top for outright dangerous stuff. Mums in SUVs for numpty stuff.

Anyway, glad you are unscathed personally and hope the damage to the car is superficial.