UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Some possible warranty issues advice. UPDATE

Old 12-11-2006, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some possible warranty issues advice. UPDATE

Noticed an unsual noise coming from my car so took it in immediately to my local dealer. After a road test with the technician the car was leftn with them. Turns out the diff is needing replaced.

Warranty, sorry that should be extended warranty, have rejected the claim for a new one until someone comes out to check it out.

Now i know i could be worrying about nothing as they might just replace it, but due to a previous argument with the extended warranty over my Prelude gearbox 3 years ago (that was a battle and a half) i'm not feeling too confident.

Wont know till tomorrow as to whats exactly the problem as i only gave them the authorisation at 4pm to take it out the car due to the EW rejecting the initial claim.

Its an MY00 with just of 64K so its just had its 63K service.

Any advice on what actions i can take should it go horribly wrong would be appreciated. Dont fancy shelling over a grand less than a fortnight before christmas

Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Get a diff off a totalled car from a breaker for around
Old 12-11-2006, 10:46 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they sure it's the diff ?

I had a most hideous noise coming from mine recently and it turned out to be the wheel hub that was totally fecked.

As AE says, second had diff can be had for next to nothing and I don't think it takes too much time to fit so shouldn't cost you a fortune if warranty people say no.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:55 AM

Thanks folks.

Not 100% sure yet to be fair, but it was stripped tonight AFAIK and i should find out tomorrow what the problem is and when the warranty guy is coming out. The initial thought is its the diff.

Could anyone kindly point me in the direction of any sites that would sell one please.

I take it the Honda garage would fit this for me, for a large chunk of cash of course.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look in the UK for sale and wanted section.

There is a list of breakers there, you fill in what you want online and they'll get in touch with their prices.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Fenland are the best
Old 12-11-2006, 11:07 AM

Thanks guys really appreciated. I'm still holding out for warranty sorting it, but that makes me feel a bit better with those prices. I'll wait to see what the damage is before i start harassing folks for prices.

Cheers
Boab
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM

Can I point out that the claim has not been rejcted but referred to an Insurance Engineer for inspection.
He will then report back to the Engineers at AON with his findings and reccomendations.
At that time AON will then be in a position to authorise or reject or otherwise the claim.

As always, in any warranty or Extended Guarantee situation, the authority to strip and inspect comes from you, the owner and the final decision as regards authority of the repairs comes from those that are paying the final bill - Honda UK in the case of manudfacturers warranty or AON if it is an EXtended Guarantee claim.

Have a look at your Guarantee Terms and Conditions paperwork, last page, item 13.3 and 13.4 which sets it all out. If you want a copy pm me your email address.

Best try and be patient for a couple of days whilst the process goes through, thats all you can do until the results are known.

Good luck, please keep us informed if it is the diff or a bearing.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:17 AM

A little update.

Well i've heard today that some guy from the warranty company is coming out on Monday to inspect.

Apparantly the pinion is the culprit. A bill of around
Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 AM

Do you have to pay for the labour to investigate the cause with the AON extended warranty ?

Quick Reply: Some possible warranty issues advice. UPDATE