UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Some Hard Top Help

Old 11-20-2003, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark how the hell do you pronounce that?

Townew?
Old 11-20-2003, 08:20 AM

That's the one......!!!!!

If they had given me the bl00dy thing the first place I may of know how to spell it correctly......

sorry!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:24 AM

Ton-no, AB.

A tourniquet is something you wrap around a wound to stop bleeding

Not a problem, Brads - it just made me smile
Old 11-20-2003, 08:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Turner
Old 11-20-2003, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Brad

Two points.

Point one: I know that Looker Honda Nottingham have had 2 cars with Hard top Problems. I know Moor Deybe was one but not sure who the other was (a black one). This I know because they asked me to take my car in so they could try it with my car, and in the end they replaced 2 under warranty.

Point Two; It does'nt matter if Honda UK have never had a claim before, they do now, so they should replace the top. What they are saying, if my engine goes "BANG" and it needs replcing, they replace it, full stop.

dave
Old 11-20-2003, 10:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my hardtop replaced at the start of last winter. The part that mates with the roof rail was distorted upwards causing a lot of wind noise. There's more to the overall hardtop story for my car, posted elsewhere. Right now, but hard top is on, fits perfectly, and I love it.

-Brian.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hazdjc
Hi Brad

Two points.

Point one: I know that Looker Honda Nottingham have had 2 cars with Hard top Problems. I know Moor Deybe was one but not sure who the other was (a black one). This I know because they asked me to take my car in so they could try it with my car, and in the end they replaced 2 under warranty.

Point Two; It does'nt matter if Honda UK have never had a claim before, they do now, so they should replace the top. What they are saying, if my engine goes "BANG" and it needs replcing, they replace it, full stop.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:53 PM

i've had a similar problem, my hardtop was giving my major wind noise above 75mph, even louder than the soft-top, so i took it in and they noticed that the front edge was bowing, first they tried to blame it on the fact that i didn't have the storage rack, but i showed them the manual on how to properly store it, and while listing no recommendation of using the additional rack, as of now i'm waiting for my dealer to get a reply from honda to get it replaced, since there's pretty much nothing else you can do. instead maybe i would rather just trade it in for a soft-top with glass window and frame, cause simply looking at the top you can tell its going to bend here and there while not being supported by the car.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:41 PM

Fitted mine a month ago after it has sat on its stand for 10 months, prongs only needed slight provocation to engage, front clips none at all.

There is now some squeeking coming from the rear seal I think, but its in for its first service next week, so I may let them grease the seal
Old 11-20-2003, 11:59 PM

Brads

When I had problems convincing Dixons Honda that they had fitted the wrong tyre to my S - I printed out the string from here and took it to show them... New tyre and new wheel within a week! Why not print this out - it proves to the dealer (and ultimately - Honda) that you are not the only one in the UK with this HT problem!

Bob

Quick Reply: Some Hard Top Help