UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

So...i got one!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default So...i got one!

well some of you may remember me having such cars as

which started out as a turd

then the civic

which again...started out as a bin

Had a bike

which wasn't a bin...but still needing playing with

and more recently an Octy

which was standard and ended up with 280bhp/300lbft

Had several Civics for breaking and a Zafira GSI between times but as you can see i'm one for tinkering. Was getting bored of the Octavia after owning it for nearly 3 years so wanted a change. Did look into a lot of different cars but finally settled for a 2 owner S2000 GT '05. Ticks all the boxes for now. Love the handling of it and the noise reminds me of the old civic. Proper happy with it. Spent yesterday cleaning it up properly, the previous owner was a Grandma so although it had been well looked after it hadn't been loved. Thanks to Mark for helping with all his cleaning goodies!

Full detailing thread here...
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...82#post3634582

Just waiting for my private plate documents to come back from DVLa and the front plate holder will be binned off. Already painted the calipers from rust to Metallic Grey.

Plans are coilovers, bushes, set of wheels and breathing mods.

Longer terms plans are possible charger/turbo but we'll see!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Lee.

If you can adjust the geometry leave the bushes alone.

If you want a good sounding exhaust for not a lot of money, get the exhaust mod done.

The wheels you have are excellent and fit properly. I'd keep em if I were you (change their colour or something).

Get a bucket seat though as standard S seats are a bit pants in terms of support.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 AM

Yeah if the bushes are free then they'll be left alone but i know how bushes tend to be! wheel wise ill be on the hunt for a spare set of originals to do an anthracite colour and keep a set for track. Been eyeing up some Bride seats as i found stes to be really supportive!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:36 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
Yeah if the bushes are free then they'll be left alone but i know how bushes tend to be! wheel wise ill be on the hunt for a spare set of originals to do an anthracite colour and keep a set for track. Been eyeing up some Bride seats as i found stes to be really supportive!
Contry to what UN said if the bushes are free GET THEM COPPER SLIPPED that way they will stay free and not cost you £K in the future.

Still nice detailing job, but please tell your mate the word is "took" not "tuck", tuck is what you do when you put the kids to bed.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by flybikeslee' timestamp='1344248768' post='21915661
Contry to what UN said if the bushes are free GET THEM COPPER SLIPPED that way they will stay free and not cost you £K in the future.

Still nice detailing job, but please tell your mate the word is "took" not "tuck", tuck is what you do when you put the kids to bed.
he's dyslexic... hence the pap spelling.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
Originally Posted by richmc' timestamp='1344249371' post='21915673
[quote name='flybikeslee' timestamp='1344248768' post='21915661']

he's dyslexic... hence the pap spelling.
[/quote]

So is richmc, and his spelling isn't the best either!

Nice car, shame about the colour and welcome to the forum.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by flybikeslee' timestamp='1344248768' post='21915661

Hmm, you can't copper slip the bushes because they are pressed in. You can copper slip the bolts, but then that isn't changing the bushes so I'm not entirely sure what you think I said other than no need to change the bushes if you can adjust the geo.

This doesn't translate as don't copper slip the bolts.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 AM

surely the right statement is if the geo's OK dont bother doing anything as nothing needs adjusting, if you are fitting coilovers later just drive it for now and enjoy it and once a week give the bolts a squirt of WD40 by the time your ready to do the coilovers you will be have the best chance of getting them free and at worst they are stuck and you wasted half a can of oil.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:38 AM

I gave them a squirt of WD40 yesterday actually, coilovers will be ordered before the weekend more than likely!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by richmc' timestamp='1344249371' post='21915673
[quote name='flybikeslee' timestamp='1344248768' post='21915661']

Hmm, you can't copper slip the bushes because they are pressed in. You can copper slip the bolts, but then that isn't changing the bushes so I'm not entirely sure what you think I said other than no need to change the bushes if you can adjust the geo.

This doesn't translate as don't copper slip the bolts.
[/quote]
PEDANT!, and thats one word I can spell. Yes its the bolts that go through the bushes, with the excentric lobe that NEED to be greased so they don't sieze then you won't need new bushes............... But don't just leave them.

Quick Reply: So...i got one!